• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run to Sissy's Cafe 3/2/13

So Scott, did you eat the pot roast or did you get Sissy to make you your "usual"? I've got to get there during spring break!

:lol2:

:tab No, I sampled the pot roast, but did not eat very much. It was VERY good. I was not feeling great as I had been up real late and got up much earlier than usual. If I eat early when I do that, it usually makes me feel pretty bad. My first meal of the day is usually around 1-2pm, so 11:30am is "early" for me ;-)

Not sure if we could have timed the meet up any better.

It was nice to log a few miles on the new bike, visit with everyone , and eat some good food!
+1

Thanks for organizing the event Greg.
I think Sissy's may become a favorite lunch destination!
+2

Sweetwife (Jennifer) and I had a great time! Put up the mizzen sails and sailed on home!! :sun:

Mark, what route did you take home? I was surprised to see you turn left and head south on 77 there at the beginning. I went back into Cameron and caught FM1600 south to FM 487 then west to 486 heading south. Then caught 1331 past the Lake. Hardly any traffic and was able to ride my own pace.

Mark, what route did you take home? I was surprised to see you turn left and head south on 77 there at the beginning. I went back into Cameron and caught FM1600 south to FM 487 then west to 486 heading south. Then caught 1331 past the Lake. Hardly any traffic and was able to ride my own pace.

That FM1600 has some sweet bends in it. We went that way, and tailed another rider to the "T" where they went right and we went left.

Our return tour went thru Yarrelton, Bucholts, Davila, Barlett, Schwertner, New Corn Hill, Theon, Walburg, Weir, Jonah, Huttom, Norman Crossing, Rice's Crossing, New Sweden and Manor. We dropped off riders along the way until O_matic was the last one riding south and back home.

Our return tour went thru Yarrelton, Bucholts, Davila, Barlett, Schwertner, New Corn Hill, Theon, Walburg, Weir, Jonah, Huttom, Norman Crossing, Rice's Crossing, New Sweden and Manor. We dropped off riders along the way until O_matic was the last one riding south and back home.

Ya'll even had me tailin ya for the first part on CR227 CR223 & FM2269...
Course I had ta split off on FM485 & head back north to Zabcikville for a stop at Green's Suasage House on the way home. Picked up smoked pork tenderloin & cheeze for our Sunday ride picnic lunch in Cranfills Gap.

There's a bunch o little paved CRs to connect to those FMs on your route for some variety at times. FUN FUN FUN

We went UP that way, but sweetie wanted a faster way home....so we slabbed it back on 77....:doh:

That FM1600 has some sweet bends in it. We went that way, and tailed another rider to the "T" where they went right and we went left.
Love me some FM1600, and keep going straight when it turns to gravel.
:sun:

Ya'll even had me tailin ya for the first part on CR227 CR223 & FM2269...
Course I had ta split off on FM485 & head back north to Zabcikville for a stop at Green's Suasage House on the way home. Picked up smoked pork tenderloin & cheeze for our Sunday ride picnic lunch in Cranfills Gap.

There's a bunch o little paved CRs to connect to those FMs on your route for some variety at times. FUN FUN FUN

Somehow knew that was you back there. :-P I gave a send off :wave: as you continued west bound on 485. Will have to check out those CRs sometime. Thanks.

I think that be me. You were riding two-up? from there it was to FM 487 then west to 486 heading south. Then caught 1331 past the Lake like the others, then right on 95 north left to 29 west, south 1660 thru Hutto

I think that be me. You were riding two-up? from there it was to FM 487 then west to 486 heading south. Then caught 1331 past the Lake like the others, then right on 95 north left to 29 west, south 1660 thru Hutto

Yep, that was us. You were slinging that bike around those corners pretty well. :rider:

It was nice to visit with you at Sissy's, we had talked about seeing you at the pie run in Medina on your wife's bike.

Good times Saturday.

Thanks vc_slim for putting this together!

Somehow knew that was you back there. :-P I gave a send off :wave: as you continued west bound on 485. Will have to check out those CRs sometime. Thanks.

It was odd, not thinking Mr2mch was in our group or even headed in our direction...then spotting a gold-fendered-tie-died V-Strom in my mirror!:clap:

Back