• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Texas Adventure Ride & Texas Adventure Challenge, Apr 19-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang can't edit, I have a trailer, and a new 4 door truck, if somebody wants to ride or share.

Richard will give out the details at the riders meeting just before the trip. He's riding Big Bend right now, I suspect he'll post up at the end of the weekend.

I'm new to the site just wondering how things work. i was just wondering what part of the stae we would be riding in.

Thanks

I'm new to the site just wondering how things work. i was just wondering what part of the stae we would be riding in.

Thanks

Thursday night: Junction
Friday night: Del Rio
Saturday night: Junction

Just got a room at the Hill Country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just checked. Best Western is currently booked up on the 21st and Days Inn the same except for smoking rooms.

yeah, I figured I waited too long. There are quite a few Mom & Pop hotels just a mile or so into town. Hills, Legend, Sun Valley, La Vista come to mind right away. All decent places and usually good rates.

Bingo. Just got a double, non smoking at The Hills Motel. $42.00 plus tax. Restaurant next door.

Sounds like great fun! Looking forward to participate in TAC. Registered at motels...sent in registration to Richard... ~George

Looks like Dirtbag Dave may be in for this one. :chug: All offers for rides are off as of this time. :party:

Does anybody have some kind of ride guide or map on the Texas Adventure Challange?

Crazy,

I am emailing the route in .gpx format for the GPS to every rider that registers so they can check it out prior to the event.

For this year's challenge we are riding a clockwise loop from Junction to Del Rio and back to Junction.

Crazy,

I am emailing the route in .gpx format for the GPS to every rider that registers so they can check it out prior to the event.

For this year's challenge we are riding a clockwise loop from Junction to Del Rio and back to Junction.

May be a problem with the route . It shows to head out North and East out of Junction. :eek2: Del Rio is South and West on my map!:lol2:
It's gonna be EPIC!

Don,

EPIC is right - I added some water crossings just to make sure. :)

Don,

EPIC is right - I added some water crossings just to make sure. :)

How big bike friendly is this?

I was thinking of riding my Super Tenere with a buddy of mine riding on his big GS. My other options are my trusty KLR or WR250R.

Thanks!

Rich,

Any big adventure bike can do TAC. The biggest challenge is the James River crossing but I'll have a bypass available for that section.

Yes, a bypass for the James River Crossing would be appreciated;-) Dumping the bike in a foot and a half of water, one hour into a 10 hour ride is something I'd like to avoid:giveup:

How big bike friendly is this?

I was thinking of riding my Super Tenere with a buddy of mine riding on his big GS. My other options are my trusty KLR or WR250R.

Thanks!

I'll be on an F800GS with a buddy on a 990 ADV, so you won't be alone.

And Rich - I notice you put the James x-ing early on the first day - a weeding out move? A little map study shows a route around it without deviating from the route too much.

We'll be checking out the river. I seen the videos and I want to lay eyes on this bad boy - just not my bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back