• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gulf Coast summer riding mode..

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

I have totally switched to summer riding mode. That means out the door around 8 AM, and back before noon. Seems every afternoon we are in the classic thunderstorm pattern with super humidity juiced atmosphere. Key is up early and gone, no dithering around. Keeping hydrated is still an issue. Being retired is really a blessing, can pick my days.

Managed to find a new FTM road, 3013--not even sure how I got on it from 36, and it took me back to 36? Need to look at a map.

Loved getting out on my Triumph 675 STRX, what a fantastic machine. Three weeks ago I rented a BMW GS 650 in my home town Durango. Good bike, but compared to my Triumph--uh well no comparison, two different beasties.

Wednesday I pick up a new Guzzi...more on that later.

Stay chilly!

Met a group of summer riders at New York Hill for breakfast Sunday morning.

Was on the road by 0630 and arrived home just before noon.

Great ride, great folks, minimal traffic and great weather.

Drew ... the CFS was unbelievable.

Met a group of summer riders at New York Hill for breakfast Sunday morning.

Was on the road by 0630 and arrived home just before noon.

Great ride, great folks, minimal traffic and great weather.

Drew ... the CFS was unbelievable.

Had some(2) at Grannys in Dublin off the buffet and they were out of this world good. I forgot to take a pictures.:doh:

I left the house at 3:30 PM Friday on a round trip ride to Magnolia . It felt pretty good while I was moving :wary:

Phase change garments. Ride cool whenever.

Back