• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FJ1200 Service Manual BOUGHT ONE

retcol

Reaction score
looking for a FJ1200 service manual that covers the 93 model. Brand name or condition doesn't matter, greasy fingerprints on the pages is ok, as long as it is complete. BOUGHT ONE

Last edited:
Re: FJ1200 Service Manual

I have the Factory manual print date 1989
Very few things different.

I have a Haynes manual that covers 1984 to 1996 if interested.

In my opinion the Clymer manual is just as good as the factory manual with better pictures. I own both. I have a 84 FJ and a 93 FJ. Also a 06 Deuce. The Clymer also covers the ABS.

Last edited:

Old Dave (I bet I'm older than you are), I have a 2005 Deuce I bought new that now has 52K miles and all original engine and clutch and tranny. Great bike. Now I need to rebuild the 93 FJ. I need that rear cowling behind the seat, its cracked pretty badly (blue) and the seat needs recovering (all cracked up from drying out), but other than maontenance items, its a very nice bike with only 15K miles. Tank and carb cleaning, tires and brake pads, new hydraulic fluid and oil and filters should do the trick. Is there any differences between the 84 and 93 FJ?

Other than the 1100 vs 1200 there are many. Main ones are fuel pump and different jets on the carbs. Totally different rear linkage on suspension, larger fairing, 17 inch front tire and many more.
Only have 14,000 on my FXSTDI. Bought it used from first owner for cheap. He fell off it in his driveway and broke his arm(first bike and over 50yrs old). Wife told him to sell it. First thing I did was replace those stupid drag handle bars with HD direct replacement bars. For only $49 best thing I did. Next was brake light turn signals.
I see those tail pieces on Ebay frequently.
Good luck with the 93. The Deuce is for comfort. The FJ for speed.
I am TexasDave on the FJ forum.
Dave

Last edited:

retcol,
I've tried PMing you several times but for some reason the system is not letting my messages go through.

Last edited:

bugboy, I finally got your PM this morning and sent you the money via paypal. Thank you mucho.

retcol,
I still can't seem to get a reply to your PM to go out. I got an email saying payment was made. I'll get the manual in the mail tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back