• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suzuki throttle wattle

MusicMan754 said:
I've noticed on mine that it tends to boggle down in the 3200-3400 rpm range when I give it a little more gas and I have to give it even more gas to make it go faster in that range. Almost like its fuel injection is clogged a little. But it only happens in 4th, 5th, or 6th gear.:shrug: As long as I stay above 3500 it's fine. Anyone know of a fix for this one?
This is supposedly the "DL1000 stumble" and is usually fixed by reprogramming the EFI with a Yoshi box or installing a Power Commander. It doesn't seem to be a problem on the 650s.

I have the binary on/off throttle problem, too. I generally modulate the clutch at low speeds to keep the throttle off that glitch point but it has the engine running at higher RPMs than I would like.

TexasShadow said:
I would be interested in this Tech Bulletin. Can you steer me to it? (link?)

I have no confidence in the Suzuki dealer/shop in Hurst/Richland Hills. If ya'll know of a better Sudzuki service shop, let me know. And I'll present the Tech info to Cliff and see what he suggests.

No link that I know of. The dealer should be aware of it since it is published by Suzuki. If not, call another dealer.

dan-o said:
No link that I know of. The dealer should be aware of it since it is published by Suzuki. If not, call another dealer.
Well, I talked to the two Sudzuki dealers/service shops in my area. As I expected, one didn't know anything about it. The other responded to my inquiry with a hesitant acknowledgement. The former shop I'm least impressed with. So to the latter one I go this weekend.
Hopefully no throttle wattle jerky after that.

All the Suzuki twins (DLs, SVs) suffer from this issue. My SV1000 had the issue. A $19 TRE mod will fix it. BTW, if you ever have questions related to the motor, electronics, tranny, etc. on the V-Strom you should try poking around the SV forums (http://www.sv1000.zyns.com) since it's all the same hardware and the SVs have been on the market longer (i.e. people have had more time to mess with them).

loki said:
All the Suzuki twins (DLs, SVs) suffer from this issue. My SV1000 had the issue. A $19 TRE mod will fix it. BTW, if you ever have questions related to the motor, electronics, tranny, etc. on the V-Strom you should try poking around the SV forums (http://www.sv1000.zyns.com) since it's all the same hardware and the SVs have been on the market longer (i.e. people have had more time to mess with them).
A buddy of mine there in Austin has a SV, too; it is his only wheels. I don't recall him mentioning a throttle issue, but I will ask him (as soon as he gets back from Germany, the traitor ;)
If the Suzuki dealer doesn't deal with the issue Sat, it's going to Piper Performance. I know Cliff can solve it. But I'd like to give Suzuki the chance to do it under warranty.

Thanks for the heads-up and link. I will poke around there.

Back