• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Tour of Forts - March 23-25

Well, I sold my 2007 KTM 950 Super Enduro and bought a 2017 KTM 1090R. I should be ready for this trip. New bike has 6 gallons of fuel and is getting 50 MPG compared to 3.8 gallons and 32 MPG with the 950 ! Nothing like modern fuel injection ! ! !

Last edited:
Anyone heading to this from McKinney/Frisco/Denton area? I'm in McKinney, would be cool to ride the ~110mi over with others in the area.

Well, I sold my 2007 KTM 950 Super Enduro and bought a 2017 KTM 1090R. I should be ready for this trip. New bike has 6 gallons of fuel and is getting 50 MPG compared to 3.8 gallons and 32 MPG with the 950 ! Nothing like modern fuel injection ! ! !

Use more throttle and you'll get that MPG problem solved! :thumb: And you'll also have more Smiles per gallon too!

Seriously noodling on this.:coffee:Haven't been in that area since 76 at Dyess. Ok, I noodled. Barring nasty weather I'm IN.

Last edited:
I'd like to join this ride. As an elderly guy, I would like to have a bunk. Elbro, I live in Sachse and would like to hook up with you for the ride over. If interested, cell 214-213-4964.

Prepping for this. What do us bunk sleepers need to bring? Bedding? Earplugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had planned to make this one. Fourth back surgery kind of took it out of the picture. I was fused from T-10 to tail (Tits to tail). The good Doctor said I may be done with tall bikes....I can (maybe) ride cruisers and a Ural???? The major problem will be my ability to get on and off the bike. I had surgery March 1, can do nothing until March 20, then start PT, maybe look at bikes in July. My riding buddy up in Montana had a massive stroke and died last month. We are planning a ride to scatter his ashes over the country side he loved to ride; I may be using the truck???

I am doing OK...pain pills and muscle relaxers. I will keep in touch.

Brad Collins
Ulybrad

PS there may be a few good bikes for sale soon???

I had planned to make this one. Fourth back surgery kind of took it out of the picture. I was fused from T-10 to tail (Tits to tail). The good Doctor said I may be done with tall bikes....I can (maybe) ride cruisers and a Ural???? The major problem will be my ability to get on and off the bike. I had surgery March 1, can do nothing until March 20, then start PT, maybe look at bikes in July. My riding buddy up in Montana had a massive stroke and died last month. We are planning a ride to scatter his ashes over the country side he loved to ride; I may be using the truck???

Brad Collins
Ulybrad

Dang Brad, sorry to hear your back is still giving you trouble.

Geez, Brad. Sorry to hear.

Brad Collins
Ulybrad

Brad, I hope this surgery brings you relief from the pain. If you need anything, let me know.

Brad I need you to hurry up and heal so you can teach me how to ride my new bike......

cb5e019ffbdf3e6e873775c75b1061ee.jpg

Brad I need you to hurry up and heal so you can teach me how to ride my new bike......

I know that crossing ... is the bike still there?
The daggum tires are dry ...

I know that crossing ... is the bike still there?
The daggum tires are dry ...

It looks like the Paluxy river crossing on CR 1008. And just seeing that bike down makes my back ache. :lol2:

That is one very slick crossing...

Check...

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Back