• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

May pie run ride reports

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
OK folks rider reports for the May 31st pie run to Edom go here!

eze5aqug.jpg

3y9esyma.jpg

Sent from my Droid

Please excuse any typos

Forgot my camera so not pictures. Still I had a good time meeting with everyone today. The meatloaf and buttermilk pie made it even better :eat:.

Our group of four got rained on a little on our afternoon 200 mile roundabout ride home but still it was a nice day.

Had a good time at the Shed and enjoyed seeing our TWT friends. No rain on the way over, but we rode through three brief downpours on the way back. We also had to stop near Hubbard to wait for a life flight helicopter to pick up an accident victim, I hope the victim does alright. Makes you think about the consequences of a little inattention while driving or riding.

We were short a bunch of fair weather rider no shows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

For East Texas it was pretty good weather. A couple of sprinkles in the afternoon. No clouds overhead or nearby, but enough moisture to form puddles from somewhere.:huh:

Always good to see those who attend. Got a chance to see a sharp looking Guzzi Griso and my first close up look at Triumph's Luxury Tourer. Zepher's new BMW RT inspires sinful yearnings to upgrade that will just have to wait for now. It sure looked ready and eager to slay the Dragon. Hope all of those who are going on the Bonus Pie Run have a good, safe trip.

My wife, Kathy, and I trailered in to Tyler State Park to take part in our first TWT Pie Run. We got to hang out with the camping crowd for a while Friday night, and then road to The Shed with them on Saturday. I was on my Suzuki VStrom 650, and Kathy was on her Honda Big Ruckus. We had a great time hanging out with Leon, Big Dave, David, Jeff, and Robert. Thanks to all of you for letting us crash your party! We had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left the house at 6:30 for the 4hr 225 mile ride to Edom. I enjoy an early morning ride watching the dawn of a new day. The first several hours I rode into the raising sun.
Edom1014004.jpg~original

From Austin I took US 79 to Palestine. Nothing exciting, 70mph boring ride. Then loop 256 around Palestine to 155 then within a mile or two a left onto FM315.
Edom1014006.jpg~original

This road eventually branches and bearing to the left is FM314. It is 48 miles from Palestine to Edom on these delightful roads. The grueling hours on US 79 are worth it to ride these forested hilly twisty two lane roads.
Edom1014007.jpg~original

FM314 ends across the street from the Shed.
Edom1014014.jpg~original

I arrived within minutes of everyone being seated.
Edom1014010.jpg~original

Edom1014013.jpg~original

I was invited to join this table for lunch. Thanks guys. Whats so interesting is you don't know everyone's background nor riding experience. I listen in fascination about trips to Copper Canyon, Creel Mexico. Helping locals butcher a goat. Drug cartel "owned" towns.
Edom1014015.jpg~original

We had a fair turn out.
Edom1014016.jpg~original

Edom1014017.jpg~original

Sorry, no pictures of lunch nor pie, but the meatloaf was good and plenty of it.

Does this count as two or four wheels? An adventure seeker to cover all modes.
Edom1014018.jpg~original

Folks headed out.
Edom1014019.jpg~original

Sweet Guzzi. Had a great sound.
Edom1014020.jpg~original

Headed south on FM314 I ran into some rain showers. A nice slow rain, I don't mind riding in the rain, it was cool and felt good. And it's the only time I get to wash my riding jacket :-)
Edom1014024.jpg~original

Edom1014021.jpg~original

Edom1014023.jpg~original

PS I ride with a waterproof camera around my neck.
Edom1014022.jpg~original

Enjoyed the great company and see new and old faces, till the next time. Ride safe.

We enjoyed our pie, and then we ate our burgers!

Attachments

• Bill-Pie.jpg
    Bill-Pie.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 140
  • Kathy-Pie.jpg
    Kathy-Pie.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 137
Zepher's new BMW RT inspires sinful yearnings to upgrade that will just have to wait for now. It sure looked ready and eager to slay the Dragon.

Robert can make you a good deal on a slightly used RT, only been down once!
aquredeb.jpg

2e4u9esu.jpg

Robert can make you a good deal on a slightly used RT, only been down once!
aquredeb.jpg

2e4u9esu.jpg

Yep, I used to have a similar problem when I first got my RT. For some reason, it took me several times before I realized my kickstand took a little more deliberate attention. Guess I am a little slow. :shrug: Bought some of those rubber stick-on "accents" that are made for the RT cases that "hid" my mistakes! The heads already had the heavy plastic protectors on them.

Tell him, "Join the club!"

Tell him, "Join the club!"

Absolutely. Don't know why but there has always been an audience when I've let my RT tip over too. A little touch-up, some wax and maybe a sticker or two and no one will ever know. Nice thing is Robert doesn't have to be extra careful about the pristine finish now that it's a rider's bike and not a show bike. Really, no big deal and I bet it still turns heads.

Glad no one was hurt.

CowtownTXBill;1268766Thanks to all of you for letting us crash your party! We had a great time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE said:
Hey! It's your party, too. Glad you made it.

Back