• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 Power Loss above 6K

Reaction score
I am having a problem with the 1250. I just replaced the fuel pump yesterday. Air filter is only a few months old. New 93 fuel in the tank. Running a Power Commander F/T. 2 Bros exhaust with empty catalytic converter, Lambda/O2 disabled. PAIR blocked and removed.
I have been experiencing an intermittent power loss that seems to be getting progressively worse.
I suspected it was the fuel pump and have replaced it with one of the Ebay kesmo or whatever,

Seems like the bike is running at only 80& power up to about 6000 RPM. After 6000 RPM the bike falls completely flat, like no combustion at all.

Over the past 6 months usually the bike runs very strong. Occasionally it seems like the fuel filter was getting clogged with light rust. I recently took steps to remove the rust and treat the tank.

This morning on the freeway I could not get the bike to do anything over about 82 MPH, and I know that it is capable of at least 148 MPH when running properly.

Where should I start? Electrical short. Bad Coils, bad injectors???? I will open the airbox this afternoon just to verify no restriction.
Constructive help appreciated!

Back