• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Royal Enfield Himalayan

Reaction score
Himalayan News From Fort Worth

Today the Royal Enfield of Fort Worth crew attended the factory training for the new Himalayan (410cc) platform. Some of us were not sure what to expect when the day started; but by the end of the training, we were all excited to get our hands on the new Himalayan. The engineering design and build quality are very impressive. It is clear that Royal Enfield put a lot of thought into this design; we think Y'all will be impressed with the user-friendly features. After seeing the intimate details of the new model, I am comfortable saying everyone that has reserved a new Himalayan is in for a real treat.

We can't put into words how excited we are to be part of this new period in Royal Enfield history. Royal Enfield North America is doing a great job at innovating and pushing the brand forward. The factory training program is proof of that. They are providing the dealer network with knowledge, resources, and support that I would expect to see with some top names in the power-sports industry. It is very impressive and exciting from a dealer perspective because this all means a better experience for you, the rider.

If you have any questions about the Himalayan or Royal Enfield in general, please reach out to us. And for those of you, that may be on the fence about the new model; rest assured the Himalayan will not disappoint. It's not too late to reserve your new and exciting Royal Enfield.

Best regards,

Michael J. Baker

Royal Enfield Fort Worth
888-415-8986

Attachments

• Him Engine 1.jpg
    Him Engine 1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 254
  • Him Engine 2.jpg
    Him Engine 2.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 259
  • Him Engine 3.jpg
    Him Engine 3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 282
Michael, welcome to the forum. Good luck with the Himalayan. Maybe you can make a Pie Run or Meet, Greet, and Eat event and give some demo rides.

Ok, that's a cool looking bike.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I bought a used RT from REofFW and had a very pleasant experience.

Just some unsolicited, real world data for those not familiar with this dealership.

Welcome to the site. I have a couple questions also on the RE. Tubed or tubeless tires? Do you know the seat height? KP

Very cool that TexPlex was the site of the press launch. In addition to the video and articles above, Revzilla had a good article about the bike, the launch and time in and around TexPlex. If you haven't been out there, it's a really cool facility.

I hope RE does well with the Himalayan. It's a bike that makes a lot of sense, which may doom it in the U.S. market.

I like it, but the HP seems a bit low to me. I'd still like to try one though.

It's going to struggle on the highway. I checked it out at the IMS and really liked it overall as far as build, looks, and overall physical size. But it's 100 lbs heavier than a DRZ400 and has 10 less horsepower and about the same torque as a DRZ400. That's going to make for not a fun time on anything but non highways. Even out state highways sometimes have a speed limit of 75.

All I'd care is if it'd comfortably run 60 mph. Speed limit is 70 on the highway, here, but I often run 60 on the KLR and in the car. The truck has cruise control which I set at 70. :D

Sounds like it's a might porky, though. My KLR is over 400 lbs and can be a handful in the dirt. But, it's nice on the highway.

Jack my RE Classic 500 has a sweet spot between 60-65 but at 70 to 80 (max speed) it will knock your fillings out. I love it.
Wonder what they would give me trade in on the Himalayan? Mine is a 2014. Sidecar Tim when you get one to test let me know. Will TJ's have a test bike it is a lot closer for me? I'm serious I may pull the trigger on one.
Do they have counter balanced motors?

Last edited:

That is a game changer I don't think my 500 does, but I like it the same. I reminds me of the good old bikes of old, Triumphs, I had three in the late 60's and early 70's.
I just love bikes you can see the motor and Royal Enfield has that classic look and reliability. I wish the Himalayan had kick start with the electric. I kick start mine most of the time just for kicks :mrgreen:

Last edited:
That is a game changer I don't think my 599 does, but I like it the same. I reminds me of the good old bikes of old, Triumphs, I had three in the late 60's and early 70's.
I just love bikes you can see the motor and Royal Enfield has that classic look and reliability. I wish the Himalayan had kick start with the electric. I kick start mine most of the time just for kicks :mrgreen:

Yes, a kick starter would be VERY nice. Battery was old in my KLR once and it wouldn't start after stopping for gas. I bumped it in combination with the electric leg and got it started, but had I had to bump start that beast without the electric leg, I'd been screwed. Reminds me of the SRX6 I used to race, 13:1 compression. I had rollers, put the truck on the rollers, put the rear wheel of the bike up on rollers. It was a pain.

Have you gotten the new 650's yet? Been thinking about getting one in a year or so after some of the bugs are worked out. I never buy a first year of production bike, I will let others find the faults and go from there.

BIKE, "Britain's Best Selling Bike Magazine", in the March issue, did a comparison test on six small adventure bikes.

Benelli TRK TRK 502 6/10
BMW G310S 7/10
Honda CR250 Rally 8/10
Kawasaki Versys-X 300 6/10
Royal Enfield Himalayan 8/10
Suzuki V-Strom 250 5/10

Last edited:
I like bike magazine used to get it at Barnes an Nobel. To me British publication on the whole are better than US mags except MSCN next month a comparison between BMW 310 GS and Himalayan.
I will say it again my RE 500 is the most reliable bike I have ever had.

Have you gotten the new 650's yet? Been thinking about getting one in a year or so after some of the bugs are worked out. I never buy a first year of production bike, I will let others find the faults and go from there.

There are those who are saying to buy the first year G310GS as the BMW engineers are down there hands on making sure that the little GS is up to their standards and quality will probably start sliding once the Germans go back home.

There are those who are saying to buy the first year G310GS as the BMW engineers are down there hands on making sure that the little GS is up to their standards and quality will probably start sliding once the Germans go back home.
Just because the Germans are in house doesnt mean quality is there. And even if there is a problem "there is no problem" while they quietly change the part numbers which you will need to fix the "not a problem", oh and itll be 1000 dollars just in parts

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back