• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Saturday Breakfast at The Blue Hanger

So here I sit. I keep saying "yes Pat, that's right. I've heard it that way too."

But I'm not sure what I'm agreeing to since nobody else is here. Lol.

But the service level is INCREDIBLE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Morgan:

There were 3 of us out at the Blue Hanger at 8:00. But none of us were employees. We waited until about 10 after and no one showed up in spite of the sign saying they would be open at 8:00. They usually show up half an hour before opening time to make coffee and get the kitchen ready, but not today. Since it was a little under 30 degrees outside we decided to go down to Roanoke to the Dove Creek restaurant for breakfast. They had heat and everything

Did anyone show up to open the Blue Hanger?

I apologize to everyone who braved the cold only to find a dead-end.

We will be back at the Blue Hanger next week if for no reason other than to give them a ration about being too hung over to show up for work.

Pat McDonald

Hm... we were there about 8:20 or 8:30 and they were there and open. I guess they ran a little late, and I sure don't blame anyone for not sitting outside in 28 degree weather waiting!

Hm... we were there about 8:20 or 8:30 and they were there and open. I guess they ran a little late, and I sure don't blame anyone for not sitting outside in 28 degree weather waiting!

Well I was there at about 9:30 and Morgan and his wife were already eating. You guyes sure you were at the Blue Hangar? I left about 11:30 and the place was packed. Their is an interesting situation there now, Shawn, Roxann and her sister are gone and Christie & Gene are back running the place again. Anyway things should be back to normal next Sat. Hopefully we'll find out what is taking place with the Blue Hangar. :rider: :zen:

Anybody up for an early breakfast this Saturday? I'm going on a ride at 10:30 that leaves from West Ft. Worth, but I wouldn't mind meeting up early for a better breakfast.

wow, have to check this place out. Go in that direction regularly, but turn onto 377 from 1171, heading over to 407.

Didn't know about this place, thnx :)

Is isn't supposed to rain until later Saturday, according to the crack weather forecaster that I heard.

I will be interested to see if the old kitchen crew (Christie and Gene) is back after a hiatus of a couple of years. Gene is a good cook.

Come on out one and all. They allegedly open at 8:00. Last week (New Year's day hangovers?) they didn't open until around 8:20 (guessing) because some of us were there at 8:00 and it was too cold to stand around and wait. It will be warmer tomorrow and I will be there at 8:00.

Pat McDonald

Gene and Christy are back and the breakfast buffet is also back. Still don't know what happened to Roxann and Jullie. Hope a lot of bikers show up for the support. :rider: :eat:

Now this is kind of humorous, so bare with me ;)

Decided to meet this morning, even though the temp at one point in the ride read 30! I don't have a lot of cold weather gear. But hey, sounded like a fun place to have breakfast. And an opportunity to meet some fellow riders.

Almost there on 1171, past the intersection of 377. Saw the Connie rider and wife going away from the Cafe? thought for sure they were heading there?

Got to the railroad tracks with the stuck train... now I know why :) How ironic, out of all the things that occurred that could go wrong... too cold, no one there to open up, ice on the road...

A stuck train was not one of them :) lol

[

Almost there on 1171, past the intersection of 377. Saw the Connie rider and wife going away from the Cafe? thought for sure they were heading there?

Got to the railroad tracks with the stuck train... now I know why :) How ironic, out of all the things that occurred that could go wrong... too cold, no one there to open up, ice on the road...

A stuck train was not one of them :) lol[/QUOTE]

What you saw was riders turning back to go around. Several of us got stuck at the new "Argyle Switching Yard." I was there for almost 10 minutes with no signs of progress. There were only 3 railcars left to cross the road, but no movement. Anyway, we went up 377 to FM 407 over to 35W and back down to FM 1171 to the Blue Hanger. If I had been on my XT350, I think I might have tried to go around the 3 train cars blocking the road. I suppose you can get a ticket for that.

We had 14 riders by my count (really over my finger limit). Scott seems to have straightened out the injection on his new Aprilla because it didn't rear up on the back wheel when he left this time. Those Italian bikes are so finicky. That doesn't seem to be a problem with the Honda STs when they leave.

Anyway, the breakfast buffet was not yet in place, but Gene promised it for next Saturday.

It might be really cold next Saturday, but come on out anyway. If it is just too cold, we don't make fun of those who come in cages.

When I finally left and went back up 377, there was a train parked on the new siding, 2 engines all by themselves parked on the siding and a train coming down the main line heading south. It looked like a major train traffic area. I hope they get the whole blocking the road thing figured out soon. I think that this is the first week that the new siding has been open.

Pat McDonald

I'm here at work. :( I can't wait till these new guys get trained up so I'm not the FNG anymore.

If it's a reserve weekend us Active Duty guys have to be at work also.

Decided to take a ride back over for lunch, and check the place out. (actually if I'd known I could get around the train issue, would have ;)).

So I run into Bob and Nace, real nice guys. We have a coffee and shoot the breeze. Great place! Great Place! Man I had so much fun just checking out the planes and taking a bunch of pictures.

I'm gonna start a thread on st-owners with pics, just to share with my friends over there. What a great place to go and hang out. Thanks for sharing ya'll.

Next time I'll be sure to park the Feej a little closer to the building. One plane's wing went by and had about a foot clearance. Another was high enough the wing just went over the whole bike :eek2:

If u haven't checked this place out ya really have to :)

Yea, you gotta park close. They had to have us move some bikes the last time we were there as we were in the way of the traffic.

I don't really enjoy however...sitting on the tarmac waiting on three planes in front of me to leave so I can get around the runway while another plane is sitting right behind me with the prop thumping way waiting to chew me up.

I enjoyed the few times I was out there. Seemed to have an better than average mix of planes.

491297045_vTwfL-L-1.jpg

491297010_SNZ6D-L-1.jpg

Actually the first one is an L-4, The L-2 was a taylorcraft. The second one is a Fairchild XNQ. Their were only 3 built for a military comp. That one is the only one left. It belongs to a friend of mine and I have got to ride in it and fly it from the back seat several times. I have a good pict. of it on the north wall of the Blue Hangar Cafe. :rider:

Back