• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas ADV Ride Aug 24-26

I think MacD and I will be at the hotel around 2pm or so on Friday.

Howdy Y'all,

I'm going to be trailering up from Austin on Friday morning and I hope to be at the Arrowhead Campground by 2 pm. Let me know if anyone wants to share their tent site with me. I'm planning on sleeping on my hammock outside under a canopy.

Let me know if anyone needs anything from Austin and I'll see if I can bring it with me.

I'm looking forward to the ride and meeting everyone.

Michael Hall - ( Creighton_Beryl )

I think MacD and I will be at the hotel around 2pm or so on Friday.
post up when you guys are there if I am around I will meet you guys somewhere. If you dont hear from me, I will probably be out riding or skinny dipping in the river. I will be back at camp around 3-4ish and catch you guys at dinner.

Howdy Y'all,

I'm going to be trailering up from Austin on Friday morning and I hope to be at the Arrowhead Campground by 2 pm. Let me know if anyone wants to share their tent site with me. I'm planning on sleeping on my hammock outside under a canopy.

Let me know if anyone needs anything from Austin and I'll see if I can bring it with me.

I'm looking forward to the ride and meeting everyone.

Michael Hall - ( Creighton_Beryl )
If there are designated campsites, I am sure myself and super dave can squeeze you in. I am easy to find.......

586cb46ec97066fc4f44fd985fff51e1.jpg

I am leaving at sun upish on Friday not taking the express route. Probably won't ride other than getting there Friday.

Borrowed some "teasers" from Facebook, :rider::eat::rider:

Attachments

• 39906021_1001708210009714_3937562056319827968_n.jpg
    39906021_1001708210009714_3937562056319827968_n.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 39746453_1001708163343052_2407919701641396224_n.jpg
    39746453_1001708163343052_2407919701641396224_n.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 39747730_1001708453343023_5501195920345137152_n.jpg
    39747730_1001708453343023_5501195920345137152_n.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 39910963_1001708266676375_837735746201714688_n.jpg
    39910963_1001708266676375_837735746201714688_n.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 207
Heading to Texarkana on Thursday night. Working until about noon and should be at Arrowhead around 2 and maybe a ride Friday afternoon.

At least that's the plan for now....

Saturday morning KSU at 8:30 at McDonalds sounds good to me.

If there are designated campsites, I am sure myself and super dave can squeeze you in. I am easy to find.......

Kevin...I know you have the Hammock stand now but I still need trees so try to find a spot that would have worked before you had the stand.

I should be there by 2....maybe a bit earlier if I think I can swing it.

Kevin...I know you have the Hammock stand now but I still need trees so try to find a spot that would have worked before you had the stand.

I should be there by 2....maybe a bit earlier if I think I can swing it.
I will scout out some trees for you and guard them with my life :) I should be there around 10ish, I will work till about 12 or 1.

I think I am going to cook a steak and tater at camp Friday night since they have grills.
dc20b2b598542c67dbcda203b0c9de40.jpg

At the risk of inducing route fatigue, I've been doing some looking at the maps and want to increase our mileage by a mere 4 miles. The reason is that Polk Creek Rd heading west out of Norman looks kind of boring at the beginning. I've redone the route to include a turn to north at about mile 18 onto Mt. Gilead Church Rd and run up to 8. Turn west on 8 for about 2.5 miles and then southwest on 73 back to Polk Creek Rd. These are nice narrower roads that should play much better. This also adds another water crossing shortly after getting on Mt. Gilead Church. See here,

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.432...m4!1s9Jv9_0E5gUYO-zsAEcMlTw!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

The updated route is here,
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28402036

I had mentioned previously that on my GPS the tracks stop at 170 miles. If anyone else has the same issue here are the tracks that complete the route. Sorry for any inconvenience.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28351085

So, it sounds like the consensus is KSU at 8:30 at Micky D's on Saturday?

Also it sounds like some folks are trying to get to Glenwood by 2:00 on Friday. How about meeting up at 2:30 Micky D's for an afternoon ride for those that can make it.

Last edited:
At the risk of inducing route fatigue, I've been doing some looking at the maps and want to increase our mileage by a mere 4 miles. The reason is that Polk Creek Rd heading west out of Norman looks kind of boring at the beginning. I've redone the route to include a turn to north at about mile 18 onto Mt. Gilead Church Rd and run up to 8. Turn west on 8 for about 2.5 miles and then southwest on 73 back to Polk Creek Rd. These are nice narrower roads that should play much better. This also adds another water crossing shortly after getting on Mt. Gilead Church. See here,

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.432...m4!1s9Jv9_0E5gUYO-zsAEcMlTw!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

Also it sounds like some folks are trying to get to Glenwood by 2:00 on Friday. How about meeting up at 2:30 Micky D's for an afternoon ride for those that can make it.

Steve, I dont like that water crossing, all the trees are dead.......:)

everything else sounds perfect!

4bfda6e64106642826a50e257b93fe9e.jpg

Steve, I dont like that water crossing, all the trees are dead.......:)

Yeah and...
All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)
And the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)
I've been for a ride (I've been for a ride)
On a winter's day (on a winter's day)
I'd be safe and warm (I'd be safe and warm)
If I was in Arkansas (if I was in Arkansas)

Earlier you mentioned about me flashing by badge on the way up. I was unclear that last time what it was you said I supposed to flash. This makes a whole lot more sense now then what I did, thanks. :doh: BTW I'm no longer allowed to drive on I-30.

The updated route is here,
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28402036

I had mentioned previously that on my GPS the tracks stop at 170 miles. If anyone else has the same issue here are the tracks that complete the route. Sorry for any inconvenience.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28351085

The reason your long route is cutting off is because it is great than 50 points.

No more route changes your killing me! LOL

I know Rich, I know. :giveup: That's the last route change I promise. :shame: I just wanted you and everyone else to have the best possible time I could deliver. :hail:Speaking of more than 50 points, I tried to space them out as far as possible but that's the best I can do. I hope I'm better on the real roads than I am on the computer. Really looking forward to this weekend.

Thanks for the work.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Not work woodsguy, I enjoy it, but thank you. I just hope everyone finds some pleasure in it and if not, everyone can get a full refund.

I just wanted you and everyone else to have the best possible time I could deliver.

Did you want us to add a list of what we would like so you can make sure we have the best possible time?

1. Buy my supper
2.wash my bike each day
3.massage my feet at the end of the day.
4. Hold a fan over my hammock until I fall asleep.
5. Hold my towel while I swim in the river.
6. A fresh cup of coffee waiting for me when I wake up.
7. Hot fresh chocolate chip cookies for a mid day snack. Cold milk would really make sure I had a great time:)

I will probably think of some more:)

Steve, you did a great job planning the route. It will be awesome, no matter what we find. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not work woodsguy, I enjoy it, but thank you. I just hope everyone finds some pleasure in it and if not, everyone can get a full refund.

Yes, work wasn't the right word but thanks for doing it.

Did you want us to add a list of what we would like so you can make sure we have the best possible time?

1. Buy my supper
2.wash my bike each day
3.massage my feet at the end of the day.
4. Hold a fan over my hammock until I fall asleep.
5. Hold my towel while I swim in the river.
6. A fresh cup of coffee waiting for me when I wake up.
7. Hot fresh chocolate chip cookies for a mid day snack. Cold milk would really make sure I had a great time:)

Seriously, I just channel my inner Mr2mch and apply it to dirty roads. I like looking at maps almost as much as he does and enjoy it almost as much. :zen: Now if everyone will just slow down in the last 1000 feet so I am sure to be ahead and I can say, I WON!

And while we're all playing nice :mrgreen: how about the weekend 2WheelNut picked out. The weather looks great and I'm excited to get started.

Seriously, I just channel my inner Mr2mch and apply it to dirty roads. I like looking at maps almost as much as he does and enjoy it almost as much. :zen: Now if everyone will just slow down in the last 1000 feet so I am sure to be ahead and I can say, I WON!

And while we're all playing nice :mrgreen: how about the weekend 2WheelNut picked out. The weather looks great and I'm excited to get started.

Lol...even a blind squirrel finds a nut here or there. Sometimes you get lucky.

Routes are looking great thanks for the labor of love in creating them. Can't wait.

Lol...even a blind squirrel finds a nut here or there. Sometimes you get lucky.

Routes are looking great thanks for the labor of love in creating them. Can't wait.

Wellllll, super Dave you could have done a little better.......I would have enjoyed a little rain. But, you get a B+.

Wellllll, super Dave you could have done a little better.......I would have enjoyed a little rain. But, you get a B+.
Yep.

Gotta leave a little room for improvement. Don't want to set the standard so high it's not achievable for future events.

Back