• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

7/15 Breakfast and Dirt Dual Sport Ride

Reaction score
***UPDATE***

CANCELLED

***UPDATE***

My last ride was a total success, and I've already got requests to do more, so here's the next one! MaxGS Requested we do something out around Lake Livingston, so we'll use a route I have that leaves out of New Waverly and runs through Groveton and Onalaska.

We'll meet at Waverly House in New Waverly, have breakfast, and head out. Breakfast at 8, stands up by 9.

This route is primarily off pavement with pavement connector sections. Surfaces vary between gravel, dirt and sand, with everything from freshly graded to fairly rutted. There are 2 creek crossings. There is also a fair amount of shade. Total distance is approximately 170 miles.

Extra info:

There's more than one gas stop along the way. I'm not sure of the exact distance, but let me know if you have a really short range, and I'll figure it out.

Parking at Waverly House is a little limited. Those with trailers may well want to consider parking them at the SHNF HQ building a few miles down 1375 from New Waverly. They have a large parking lot that is usually empty.

We presently have one rider coming on a TW200. We will be going at a speed he can keep up with on the paved sections. The route is big bike friendly, but don't expect to be going 70+, it'll be more like 50-55. Gravel speed will be whatever you want it to be. We wait at turns and have a policy of making sure the guy behind you knows which way you went through an intersection.

In:

1) William Wolfen
2) Max GS (TWT)
3) dannyboy
4) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #1
5) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #2
6) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #3
7) Fordf350 (TWT)
8) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #4
9) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #5
10) Jfink (TWT)
11) J650GS (TWT)
12) JcatDRZ (TWT)
13) JcatDRZ's friend
14) Polk540 (MH)

Maybe:

1) bsheet2 (TWT)
2) shift_wr250r (TWT)
3) KTM Tommy (MH)

Last edited:
Sounds promising! I would like to join in. Please count me as tentative.

Count me in, William does a great job of leading rides.

Strongly considering this! I need to talk to a fellow riding buddy and see if he is in..

Is there a place to leave a truck and trailer?

We've left trucks in the back parking lot before. Not sure if there is really room for a trailer. Call them and ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I need to check with my social coordinator but I'm interested. Big bike friendly or are y'all going to be going off some of the single track in Sam Houston NF?

I need to check with my social coordinator but I'm interested. Big bike friendly or are y'all going to be going off some of the single track in Sam Houston NF?
No single track. Big bike friendly for sure. 2 creek crossings. We will have a TW200 along though, so we won't be going super fast.

No single track. Big bike friendly for sure. 2 creek crossings. We will have a TW200 along though, so we won't be going super fast.

Speed is no big deal, just looking to try out the Rally Raid kit. Hoping I can score a hall pass for this one, sounds perfect.

Ian, put me down as a yes. Will you post the GPS route?

Ian, put me down as a yes. Will you post the GPS route?

Do you mind posting the GPS track??

Actually I'm not planning on posting the route. I've been on a lot of rides that have been organized many different ways, and I'm trying my own way. I want to run it in such a way to include everyone. I don't want anyone left behind and I don't want the ride fragmented into groups that end up not seeing each other again.

If this method turns out to be burdensome or not work well, I'll start doing something different. For now, this is how I want to run things.

Probably not much chance a sumo would make it huh? If it could I'm down, given I don't wind up playing golf with my dad or working if I manage to get a job between now and then.

I've been with 2 different 500+ lb adventure bikes on their factory tires that agree practically street tires make it. I'd put more emphasis on the operator, as always.

I'm an almost complete dirt newb. Lol. I'll give it a try though. Ain't afraid of a challenge.

Back