• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What GPS to Buy

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Ok, I know this has been asked many times before, but I thought I would try again and see what the gang is currently recommending.

I do use a Garmin Edge 1000 with my mountain biking so am pretty familiar with how they operate and while it has some quirks, it has always gotten me home in new country.

This will be on my Honda XR 650L and used to locate the hill country rides as well as some Colorado and New Mexico rides I hope to do this year.

I was leaning towards the Garmin Montana 680T, anybody have one of these, good / bad? Something better?

Thanks in advance, Mike

I thought about that, but I can't find any way to adapt the twist connector on the Edge to anything useful for the XR. It is pretty small too, its one thing to look at it when I stop, I don't know how I would read it while ridding the XR.

Happy with my Montana 650.

Back