• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beautiful North Texas

rkruz

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Not dual sport per say, but a great day ride to get into some lonely country with its share of gravel and FM roads. Its rides through some of the most beautiful country in North Texas and a few interesting sightseeing stops. Great for the big bikes like mine. With all the rain, dont be surprised if a road or 2 is washed out and you have to reroute, but thats part of the adventure.

http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/by/rkruz2/beautiful-north-texas/

Last edited:
nice report. Someone may have "ton up'd" over that bridge in the past on a Speed Triple. :mrgreen:

Hmmm, if it's the location I'm thinking of, it was quite interesting some years back when doing the aforementioned ton+, and finding fresh new pavement, including the several inch transition up onto it. Those underpants were just thrown away.

That's the top secret road we all know about. This thang manages 141, no cops no critters no driveways.

Attachments

• MOTO1.1 016 (Medium).jpg
    MOTO1.1 016 (Medium).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Great route. I've done a ton of those roads but missed several that I'll be sure to hit soon. Thanks!

Great route. I've done a ton of those roads but missed several that I'll be sure to hit soon. Thanks!

This is my last year in Texas and I thought Id share some of the better rides I have found over the last couple years.

That's the top secret road we all know about. This thang manages 141, no cops no critters no driveways.

Hmmmmm . . . that looketh familiar!

"Discovered" that bridge in Sept '07, on the Street Rod, WFO heading to Ringling, a bit more sedate coming back. Next day I took a good friend's Mom for a ride, not quite as fast but still over a hunnerd - went to the little store/gas station to get flip flops, she'd blown one out! Bought myself a pair and a pair for her son, too. Miss Martha never went anywhere without her helmet in her truck; her son would only "let her" ride with him or me. She's gone now and we all miss her,'specially in September and during the Spring Race at TMS (like, last weekend) as that was HER race and her big outing of the year. Tons of pics of Miss Martha, ain't gonna post 'em. :tears:

nice route. I've run the second half in reverse many times and the muenster area a time or two. That's a full day to put them together

Back