• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW wethead, what was the first year?

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
You just thought you knew.

The correct answer is 2007. I was surprised as anyone but since it's April's Fools day I guess it could of happened, right?

IMG_0911.jpg

Burbo and I got out for a little ride today around Ellis County and N. Hill County. The roads were pretty good except in some lower places which still held some moisture.

We were traveling the direction Burbo is standing which is obviously the opposite way the bike is now pointed.

IMG_0909.jpg

Burbo handled this little mishap better than I could have imagined. Certainly better than I would have.

IMG_0912.jpg

So maybe I was wrong on it being the first Wethead, but its the first Mudhead for sure.

IMG_0913_1.jpg

Yes, there's knobbies under there. But black gumbo till trumps Knobbies. All in all, good fun and Burbo's a heck of a rider.

Thanks Steve, that was a fun ride. Spent $7 and 45 minutes at the car wash in Italy. Bet the locals never saw anyone wash their helmet at a car wash before...............

Been there, done that, several times on my 02 1150 GS...

Unlike real pigs, the GSs aren't really at home in slick mud! :nono:

Back