• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

Yeah, a bit far and I kinda have plans for later too. If anyone a bit closer wants to join me, I'll be at Skippers around 8:30.

Yeah, a bit far and I kinda have plans for later too. If anyone a bit closer wants to join me, I'll be at Skippers around 8:30.

While it is a much shorter ride to Skippers from Conroe, and I would like to hang out with you guys, 8:30a is much to early for me. :lol2:

Last edited:
I'd like to run up to Conroe, but like Rob, have some commitments this afternoon. I should be able to make Skippers this morning.

If you guys ever want to come up this direction, let me know. I will get you a map or at least a Garmin route in Basecamp. But, given the nice motorcycle roads throughout Galveston county, I can't imagine why anyone would want to come this way.

Don't have my GPS hooked up on the new bike yet so there's no way I could find it. If it wasn't for that massive road block called Houston between here and there, you'd probably see me more often.

Don't have my GPS hooked up on the new bike yet so there's no way I could find it. If it wasn't for that massive road block called Houston between here and there, you'd probably see me more often.

I know what you mean about Houston. Looking forward to seeing the new bike.

I'll try to make it up there soon - have entirely too many projects going on right now. Here's a picture of the new bike when it was still at the dealer:

51432414754__0C727148-5863-44F4-A385-FDFB1F9CC047_zps41covvtj.jpg

I'll try to make it up there soon - have entirely too many projects going on right now. Here's a picture of the new bike when it was still at the dealer:

51432414754__0C727148-5863-44F4-A385-FDFB1F9CC047_zps41covvtj.jpg

I will hold you too that! ;-) It looks like an Africa Twin. I would have to take it for a ride to really know if it were the same bike. Just sayin' ... :-)

Still learning about it and haven't tried turning off the traction control yet to see what difference it makes. But so far, very happy. It tracks solid running down the road and doesn't feel heavy at all. All in, saved $2401 buying it from Russellville versus here in town. That's factoring in TTL.

Anyone that knows anything about Texas knows that THIS is the best time to ride! Well, except for those dang Love Bugs! I am going for lunch in Colmesneil at the Texas Star Cafe. I'm going on the Wing so this is an all pavement ride. On the way, I may stop in at Dam "B" and visit GlockJock who is having a motorcycle soiree this weekend (if he is not opposed to it). Anyone interested, meet at the Chevron in Moss Hill (intersection of Hwy 146 and Hwy 105). Kickstands up at 10:00a promptly.

Attached is a route I threw together in Basecamp, if you are interested.

Attachments

• April 27 2017.gdb
    64.5 KB · Views: 165
I was tied up helping a friend and didn't see this until around 9:45 this morning. It was a great day for a ride. For some reason, I don't always get emails even though I'm subscribed to the thread.

I was tied up helping a friend and didn't see this until around 9:45 this morning. It was a great day for a ride. For some reason, I don't always get emails even though I'm subscribed to the thread.

No worries, this is what you missed! :rofl:

F_yxyA-DauhpX1UZXPTYZlG0POvoT2P6hc9bo3cld73G7mUR341rrK02DEbm2eopapL6UmuxSU0f7oM2DdQ=w366-h648-no.jpg

Last edited:
Google is up to their devious ways again. Photo doesn't come through unless you're logged into Google and when I tried to log in, they wouldn't let me in until I gave them my phone number (like they don't already know it). You can't trick them with a phony number because they won't let you in until you enter a code they text you. Google can go climb up the wrong end of mule.

Google is up to their devious ways again. Photo doesn't come through unless you're logged into Google and when I tried to log in, they wouldn't let me in until I gave them my phone number (like they don't already know it). You can't trick them with a phony number because they won't let you in until you enter a code they text you. Google can go climb up the wrong end of mule.

I couldn't see the pic either using Google. Obviously it could be operator error over here.

Hmm.. and I thought it was just because it was my work computer not letting me see it.

Google is trying like heck to make sure people don't use their photo system. It used to be so simple. Upload, change to share, copy link and paste. Now, there are so many security things to be set, and if you miss one it doesn't work. Even when you get it right, it still doesn't work sometimes. Hopefully people can see my buggy picture now!

I can see the picture now, looks like there is a motorcycle somewhere under all those bug guts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reminds me of my Harley once after taking a ride down 2004 on a summer's evening. These are mosquitoes:

Copyofbugs4.jpg

Back