• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ISO Girls (youth) riding gear

Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Jensen
Hello,
My daughter (8 1/2) has finally reached the age and height to firmly plant her feet in the pegs of my DL1000! She has waited patiently many years for her first ride on the motorcycle.

Last weekend we went to the local shop and bought a new, pink, CL-y helmet for her. I am now seeking gently used riding gear for her. The way she is growing I would likely go bankrupt buying new. Most importantly, I'd like to get her a riding jacket. In kid sizes, she seems to be in the l/xl range. We tried on a few ladies sizes, and the sleeves were just way too long.
I am seeking donations, trades, or purchases.

Myself, I have recently lost a lot of weight, and thus I have a few barely worn coats in XXL and, some larger (48/46/42) HT2 (reg & air) riding pants, and a few other coats more "thoroughly worn" but still solid that I could offer for trade. I will try to get by storage to get some pics of the gear this weekend.

Thanks for reading!

:tab Unless your daughter is tall, there really isn't much in the way of street gear that fits kids here in the U.S. A good pair of gloves is particularly hard to find. Dirt gear is good for impact protection, but not usually so great for abrasion protection.

:tab We have a two piece riding suit from these people.

http://www.motorcycleworldl-spa.co.uk/shop/

We did not buy it from them. We got it used. I have no idea if they will still ship to the U.S. The quality of the suit is quite good though. It has full armor protection. It has a thermal liner. The suit we have is a bit tight even on my thin daughter. She's out grown it, but I still have two more coming up behind her that will be using it.

I have a PINK street jacket in a girls size. I can't double check the size Monday morning, but I bought it specifically for my daughter when she was about 9.

I'd be more than happy to sell it to ya.

Back