• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones ADV Rally IX, October 26-28, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the roll the bones rally? is this just a dual sport ride? a scavenger hunt?

as a new guy to motorcycles in general, I'm easily confused by this stuff.

What is the roll the bones rally? is this just a dual sport ride? a scavenger hunt?

as a new guy to motorcycles in general, I'm easily confused by this stuff.

Its a get together with riding. There will be some dirt riding, some street riding, food and drink. In the past there have been some suggested routes, but you're free to do whatever riding you'd like. They're will be plenty of small dual sport bikes there and a pretty good number of ADV touring bikes and a few street only bikes.

Its a great way to meet and see other like-minded motorcycle people.

ah. thanks Dahveed. I wondered about the scavenger hunt thing because roll the bones could have been a dice reference. I could see rolling dice at check points to get a score and ride around.

I'm looking forward to more details to see if could try and take some time off work to attend. I have to be careful with the time I have left to take off this year.

655dea9cacc50340b78c448faba22e5a.jpg

Found these while cleaning up. The one on the right is a sticker from the first RTB. Well, my phone or Tapatalk decided the photo should be rotated. Whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just left Possum Hollow and we are officially a go there. Feel free to reserve cabin, bunk space , RV slot or tent spot there. I will update post one as soon as I figure out a good way to handle registration!

Just left Possum Hollow and we are officially a go there. Feel free to reserve cabin, bunk space , RV slot or tent spot there. I will update post one as soon as I figure out a good way to handle registration!

Is there a discount rate on the rooms or RV slots? Are there showers available for the tent folks?

I’m interested, but I’m an inexperienced rider (1 year on October). Would this work for me or should I hold on until I get more experience?

I’m interested, but I’m an inexperienced rider (1 year on October). Would this work for me or should I hold on until I get more experience?

You should do it. The only way you'll get experience is to ride.

There will be flower sniffers, gravel road racers, camp sitters, and everything in between. Be there early and you'll find a group who likes to take their time.

Been riding 4 months and I'm planning on it :)

I did the first one and I had only been riding a little more than a year. Hmmm, nevermind. :doh: I'm sure you'll have a better first rally than I did.

Believe I'd give em a call, they may be full, or just a problem with their website. 1-940-549-1873

Called them on the number you provided. Lady said all the cabins were blocked out for the RTB event. Was able to reserve a cabin.

Thanks! BarryFromWest

If anyone wants to share a cabin let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back