• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Black Friday ride - Huntsville area 9:00am.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab So I have cleared my schedule for Black Friday and I plan to do a DS ride. I will leave Huntsville at 9:00am. I'll be back sometime later that day before dark. The route will be suitable for all sized DS bikes, assuming any smaller bikes need to be able to run 70 mph on the roads. I haven't decided whether I will ride the KTM 530 or the 1200 GS, but I am definitely leaning toward the GS, especially if it is cold.

:tab The route will be North of Huntsville on both sides of I-45. It is a nice mix of dirt/pavement. There is a little sand, but nothing deep or long lasting. Any potential mud depends on weather, but these are all county maintained roads. We'll probably stop at Woody's BBQ in Centerville for lunch. I think the whole route is around 250 miles, starting and ending in Huntsville.

Meet Location:

Smiley's Shell Gas Station at intersection of FMs 980 and 247 on North side of Huntsville. they have clean restrooms, donuts, coffee, breakfast, etc,...

Time:

Arrive BEFORE 9:00am so you have time to top off your bikes. I want to LEAVE Smiley's at 9:00am.

:tab This will not be a blast down the road kind of ride. So if you have basic experience riding on the dirt, you should be fine. I make a habit of keeping track of the group rather than riding off and leaving the slower riders to fend for themselves.

:tab Don't worry if you get to Smiley's and I am not there. I live a few miles up the road and will get there shortly before 9:00am.

Thanks for putting this together. It should be a great ride with E-Tex fall colors to enjoy. I can't make this one. Y'all have a safe ride.

Weather looking good, little cool but dry! :clap:

Attachments

53.7 KB · Views: 208
Never mind - just got reminded of some family obligations on Friday.

Just a reminder. I think we have 3-4 people so far.

Great. Maybe you can teach this!......

If I am doing that I will be screaming like a little girl and likely have streaks in my panties. I wish I could do that intentionally. lol

I sure would like to go but the bike isn't ready yet and I have to work so go figure:giveup:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• 1900022_523747347727660_8939304645358979196_n.jpg
    1900022_523747347727660_8939304645358979196_n.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 206
I'll be able to ride Saturday if anybody is interested

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well, I'll be going even if I go alone. But so far I think it is me and Hail for sure, Woodsguy is a maybe depending on his knee issues. If the weather is anything like today... It will be an awesome ride!

Unfortunately they changed me up for loading. I'm gonna try to ride Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well, I'll be going even if I go alone. But so far I think it is me and Hail for sure, Woodsguy is a maybe depending on his knee issues. If the weather is anything like today... It will be an awesome ride!

I might bring my cane:giveup: but hope to make it!!!! Never give up!:rider:

Unless I am in a sugar and turkey coma I will be there. lol

Back