• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lower footpegs ,another way .

Tasi

Reaction score
Standard set up ,with the "lift" in the mounting bracket .
IMG_0184_zps3e0f7560.jpg

Got rid of those and fitted some straight brackets (tl 1000s)
Lowers the peg about 20mm.
IMG_0186_zps72314c7f.jpg

Standard footpeg fits but is slightly rotated backwards .I'll see how I like the solid pegs first before fixing that .(if it is a problem)

Very nice! Do the brackets bolt up with minimal issues or!? I've been meaning to drop my pegs slightly but didn't want to go that far not to mention the whole issue with the shifter, etc when its too low! ;)

Exactly the same fitment for bracket .To use standard rubber footpeg you may
have to do a minor alteration . That's todays job , the bandits my touring bike so i'll fit the rubber pegs .
Lowering the pegs and then fitting solid jobs is a bit counter productive isn't it .

Simply used a dremil to rotate the locking groves a little larger (2-3 mm ) so footpeg would rotate slightly clockwise .
IMG_0190_zps0ade0433.jpg

Perfect! I went looking for Tl 1000s peg brackets on ebay and got the whole thing and not exactly cheap either. Did you get them used as well or!?

I brought this in bits ,they were left over .
IMG_0163_zps6ec10942.jpg

Must be other models that come with a straight bracket .
Test rode today (bandit),loved it ,just enough to take the kink out of my knees .
It also moves your foot forward about 20mm .which made it better also .Actually places the gearshift lug on the proper part of my boot ,not
on my toes .

I brought this in bits ,they were left over .
IMG_0163_zps6ec10942.jpg

Must be other models that come with a straight bracket .
Test rode today (bandit),loved it ,just enough to take the kink out of my knees .
It also moves your foot forward about 20mm .which made it better also .Actually places the gearshift lug on the proper part of my boot ,not
on my toes .[/
QUOTE]

I guess you old er guys need that sort of thing. :lol2:

Typical ,another aussie stirrer .
Hi mate ,whats doin .

Its true though , used to jump out of bed ,grab the board ,run across the
road to the surf .

Now I have to see if I can get out of bed .

From photo it looks like with a little work, stock peg could be flipped upside down and then the stock bracket flipped also to lower the pegs. This would lower them even more than your solution though so maybe too low?

_

From photo it looks like with a little work, stock peg could be flipped upside down and then the stock bracket flipped also to lower the pegs. This would lower them even more than your solution though so maybe too low?

_

That's how we've all been doing it. Moves the footpeg down about 1" and forward about .75". You also need to shorten the shift lever and rotate it accordingly. Same goes for the rear brake (but you don't have to shorten it)

Here's what I did with mine about a year ago. Yeah, not clean, but it works. One day I'll get off my butt and clean up the shift lever (I bought a spare, I don't like removing stuff I can't put back to stock).

myxm08Il.jpg

jyPsNmml.jpg

etlsfl7l.jpg

I didn't weld the shift lever, but drilled a 5/16 hole in it, and put a bolt through held with 2 locknuts on either side. my only concern is that there isn't enough meat on either side of the lever, which may lead to eventual snapping. I will get the bolt welded in sooner than later (my welding skills are garbage, so I'd rather have someone else do a clean job).

My thread:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85787

Jg8zd6.jpg

I didn't like how you had to drill a hole into the shifter(just in case I want to sell the bike), 20mm is all I need

Oh yeah, that's why I bought a spare shifter assembly for $25 off ebay. That way if I need to reverse it, it's pretty easy :)

Last year I went by a dealership and while there I had them do a trade in estimate for a DR650SE. The mechanics and saleman went over the bike with a fine tooth comb due to plus 70,000 miles on it and never notice the footpegs and shifter difference.
They were more concerned about the mileage, dings, scrapes and marred up black paint on the wheels.
But, not many dealerships know much about the Bandit or, even keep them in stock.
Oh, yes, I think the offer was like 2300 bucks trade on the new DR650 and I forgot the sticker price on it.

Back