• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

::: Western Vietnam weekend short ride

:clap: Looking forward to a trip to the highlands :trust:

As mentioned from the beginning of this thread:

Howdy...
Actually I had done a quite long trip with my family by my SUV from Hochiminh City to North of Vietnam during Tet holiday (lunar new year Feb2013), the trip took me almost 3 weeks and aprox 3200miles.

That trip contains few highland views and others.
I don't know if you like to see the trip as it's not a RIDE report. :zen:

DSC07721_zpsda8efab6.jpg

DSC07068_zpsb39b32c7.jpg

DSC08009_zps2812f611.jpg

(What is squid ceviche? I don't understand)

Ceviche (sort of pronounced suh-VEECH-ay) is sea food 'cooked' with acid instead of heat. Somewhat like sushi. The texture is still 'raw'.

Thanks for posting this, it's always neat to see rides in other countries.

Post away with the pics! Doesn't mess with our server at all ;-)

I love the pictures. I really enjoy seeing how folks live in other countries. I enjoy shots showing daily living as much as I love the great scenery shots in other ride reports.

I love the pictures. I really enjoy seeing how folks live in other countries. I enjoy shots showing daily living as much as I love the great scenery shots in other ride reports.

+eleventy billion

Question: what is the name of the fruit that look like small oranges pictured above?

.... And when is the GS arriving?

Ceviche (sort of pronounced suh-VEECH-ay) is sea food 'cooked' with acid instead of heat. Somewhat like sushi. The texture is still 'raw'.

Thanks for posting this, it's always neat to see rides in other countries.
Nah.. That squid was cooked, just a quick cook :-P (but not "raw").
In that dinner, we have raw oysters, but I didn't take any pic - they are too delicious and I was too hungry. :lol2:

You rite, Scott. I pay Photobucket annually so the TWT server should not have any issue. Just the page loading, it may somehow loads slowly.
So the DRIVE report is acceptable??

+eleventy billion
You 're so generous... :clap:

Question: what is the name of the fruit that look like small oranges pictured above?

.... And when is the GS arriving?

I am not sure about its name as I 've never known it in English. Just did a search and those name come up: Marian plum, Gandaria, Marian mango or Plum mango.
It looks great, tasty... But like what I have bought, it really sour. I gotta store for few days to wait for them to be sweeter.

GS?! Hmmm, not earlier than Mid Apr. Counting every minutes.... :rofl:

Me, too. Love these photos.

That means you have been here sometimes? Why not, come back here and see how different it is.

I would love to. I spent six months tromping through the jungle thinking what a beautiful place this could be if ?

around 43 years ago?

Real close. It was from the last of September of 68 until the 16th March 69. A small projectile through the left knee cap sent me packing.

Not a good experence but I still loved the country and the people.

Back