• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Llano Pie Run Ride Reports

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Okay, good turnout. This is just to get things going.

IMG_4913-L.jpg

Just a few of the bikes present. 377 miles and home at 3:30 weak FJR battery started up at every stop.

Attachments

• Llano.jpg
    Llano.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 277
Had a nice ride. Met up with Rusty and Scott in Llano and took some nice roads in Burnet County I had not been on before. Back in the garage at about 3pm.

Good run today...good to see ya'll

Decided to take the circle tour today -

Pearland to Llano to Bandera via 16, then to Boerne via 46

I10/610/288 for the return

About 600+ for the day...home at 7:30;-)

Nice day for a ride

it took handing over my first born to the weather god Jim Cantor but he came through again and delivered a good riding day :sun: (after the roads dried up)
right across the street from Stonewalls there is a monument to a guy with a assault weapon.
9B154DF3-E52B-48F0-A87B-55BE78FFD930-1972-000001D09A02144D_zps22a19895.jpg

and on the flag pole there were three flags, the United States flag, the Texas flag and a flag we could not identify.
8975DF78-80A1-43FA-8992-FF025CC5B944-1972-000001D09CB9B5E7_zps06298376.jpg

after a bit of searching I found out it is the first official flag of the confederacy :patriot:

I have been through Llano many times but have never had the chance to check out the court house square till today.

found a little friend, I don't know why or what I was saying but I have the odd talent of being able to call down squerrels from trees, this fellow came down within three feet of me.
D7C2D176-737D-4F08-815C-F23CB39AAB8F-1972-000001D0962EFB59_zps9a310c9a.jpg

some pics from around the court house.
6EFEC8AF-609B-4DCB-9448-7FE318BA5A3F-1972-000001D093E5A831_zps83261807.jpg

8159B3BA-CBA6-413B-B9A9-A4477FD09B25-1972-000001D08A8087CD_zps60136171.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...1487D80-1972-000001D0827B9B66_zps8a15fc0e.jpg

99321E6F-8AB9-42AB-89C2-596A0EDFAB44-1972-000001D07D4752E5_zps9be6f3a9.jpg

2235CE5D-A001-42EF-B693-B561825FE733-1972-000001D0750DE758_zps524ba5d6.jpg

MMMMM ZRX1200 must be a trailer queen, to clean to be a rider!:mrgreen:
4F58C5F3-8F4E-41C5-A473-376CC4360445-1972-000001D05FB655FB_zpsc000d248.jpg

Last edited:
I think that is the first flag of CSA

yes, first official flag of the confederate states of America, there ended up being three used.
the flag everyone connects with the CSA is actually the CSA navy jack

Greeneyes and I tagged along with Blueberg on a loop out to the southwest over some great biker roads. Curves, elevation changes, scenery and wildlife. Props to Blueberg for being a great ride.

At the suggestion of Beemerless Bob, we rode back to camp by way of Castell, a general store and BBQ joint in the middle of no where. It must have been good, when we went by about 3:30 there were at least 50 cars there and a horde of people sitting around outside chatting, jamming, and such. Of course, by the time we went to camp and came back to meet Bob, they were sold out of Q...... I blame all this on Beemerless Bob, of course.

Great time and enjoyed meeting a few more of you. We are looking forward to the next one and adding a plug for the campout. That is worth the trip by itself!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

Well, I just looked at the gps log for the ride. I did 230 miles for the day. Scott and I saw two wild turkeys (not TWTers), one on the way and one on the way back. I've got to apologize to Bill N. I forgot he needs to run closer to the speed limit and in just a couple of spots I realized I was going faster that I usually do. I haven't used the gps in a while and generally keep the speedo at 5 over knowing that I'm actually within 5 mph of the limit. I was doing 5 over on the gps (and a couple of times a bit more) which is definitely over. My bad. I'm usually more of a plodder.

Anyway, good to see everybody and to meet Tango, who I think I've talked to before, but know who he is now. Nice to see things green out there.

Well, I just looked at the gps log for the ride. I did 230 miles for the day. Scott and I saw two wild turkeys (not TWTers), one on the way and one on the way back. I've got to apologize to Bill N. I forgot he needs to run closer to the speed limit and in just a couple of spots I realized I was going faster that I usually do. I haven't used the gps in a while and generally keep the speedo at 5 over knowing that I'm actually within 5 mph of the limit. I was doing 5 over on the gps (and a couple of times a bit more) which is definitely over. My bad. I'm usually more of a plodder.

Anyway, good to see everybody and to meet Tango, who I think I've talked to before, but know who he is now. Nice to see things green out there.

No need for an apology, the speeds were fine, I've got a bit of a heavy throttle hand myself....

Great time and enjoyed meeting a few more of you. We are looking forward to the next one and adding a plug for the campout. That is worth the trip!!!

I enjoyed lunch with y'all and one wolf. Thanks for the introductions. You have me sold on the camping. I think I will try that next time.

Had a good ride on dirt with beemerless Bob, hizzo and more.:rider: Had a great time and sorry to say might need to change my name to tailgate. Sorry hizzo,:doh: not a lot of people to ride dirt in San Angelo. Had to brake off and head home due to family comments. Thanks again for a good ride and good people. See everyone next time. Oh and you were right Mr2mch when we got back on pavement I only had 100 miles to home. :zen:

['Oh and you were right Mr2mch when we got back on pavement I only had 100 miles to home.]

We need to get out thata way (San Angelo) to ride more often.. Bound to be some decent roads nearby.

I'm like Rip Van Winkle waking up after a thirty year nap, might as well be considered a new rider. Had a great trip, met some great people and will be on more pie runs. Thanks to Rod for taking Jason and yrs trly on a great ride. Enjoyed every minute of it. He knows his territory. Jason had some extra camping gear, so I camped Saturday night. Only way to go for me. That's the way I'll be traveling next time. There were lot of heavy sleepers in the park. Around two in the morning I could detect four different snores and that's with my old, tired ears.

Robert on the Suzuki Bandit

...That's the way I'll be traveling next time. There were lot of heavy sleepers in the park. Around two in the morning I could detect four different snores and that's with my old, tired ears.

friday night was much more SYMPHONIOUS :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sw

270 for me and "Thanks" to Rusty for letting me follow him....

"Number 5" was baptized with a dirt road too.... No, didn't have a spill, but it sure is dirty now.

Always good to see old friends and meet new ones. :clap:

I'm like Rip Van Winkle waking up after a thirty year nap, might as well be considered a new rider. Had a great trip, met some great people and will be on more pie runs. Thanks to Rod for taking Jason and yrs trly on a great ride. Enjoyed every minute of it. He knows his territory. Jason had some extra camping gear, so I camped Saturday night. Only way to go for me. That's the way I'll be traveling next time. There were lot of heavy sleepers in the park. Around two in the morning I could detect four different snores and that's with my old, tired ears.

Hey Robert, howd those earplugs work out for ya? Glad to have met you Sir! Hope to see ya at somemore camp outs.

Chris

Chris,

They worked great. Thanks. Saturday morning I rode South to Llano into a 12-14 mph headwind and that added to the wind noise. I was going a bit over the speed limit most of the way following a pickup. My helmet may be a little loose which also added to the noise. It was aggravating and that's why when Rod asked where I wanted to go, I said to a chain saw store to get earplugs. Instead, he took us on a great scenic tour which I really enjoyed.

More pie runs!

Robert on a too-willing-to-speed Suzuki Bandit

Back