• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

new DR650

Reaction score
First Name
Malcolm
Last Name
Duke
Howdy folks,
Just picked up a 2015 DR and live in Hurst,Tx.
Have ordered a bunch of stuff for it already to make it a bit more comfortable.
Hopefully there are some other DR owners in my area that can help with the farkling. Also got to find some places to get dirty in. No mods as of yet.
Did purchase a jet kit, new slip on exhaust, skid plate,wind screen, seat kit,
acerbis 5.3 gal tank most of this from ProCycle.us just need a heavy duty rear shock spring and front fork oil that is very stiff.

Cheers Everyone,
Malcolm Duke
Hurst,Tx

I live over by Saginaw and have a 2013 with same mods you are talking about. Bunch of us get together on Friday for burgers near NE mall. Come on over. Thread is posted with all the details.

i'm not too savvy about these forums so i have no idea how to look up that thread. Is it under NE Mall?

Thanks,
Malcolm

Sounds like you got the basics. I really like the 5.3 gal tank, extends fillups to 200 or more miles. Some like to mess with the carbs others leave them alone. Got my bike used and it already had some mods.

I sometimes get to the Grapevine/Colleyville area to visit my aunt & uncle, they live fairly close to DFW Honda. Haven't been up there to visit this year though.

Stick around, you'll find plenty of folks around your area.

Seat kit is mandatory. Stock will have you begging for mercy in 100 miles. Seat Concepts kit gets my kudos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look under upcoming rides and go down to Friday night ice cream.
BTW it's every Fri rain or shine at the Burger Box on Glenview dr. Just east of 820

2 thumbs up to Seat Concept. I have a place that will install for $20.
Your tush will love you for it.

Back