• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New/old member

Reaver

Reaction score
Live in Ennis Tx. Casual rider looking to ride again! I'm from Texas but lived in Colorado/Kansas/ North Carolina. Owned a Bandit and a honda 250 thus far.

Last edited:
i-6F2xRMc-M.jpg

Any relation to this Reaver?

Andy at Metric just brought my old R1100R back from the dead. I need to do the same.

Thanks guys picked up a '04 BMW 1150RS

:tab Fun bike! My 02 R1150 GS was sensitive to keeping the valves in spec and syncing the throttle bodies. The vibration from the engine would get noticeably worse/rougher when the valves needed adjusting and the TB's needed syncing. I would also get a wee bit of surging, kind of a back and forth push/pull feeling, when just cruising through town at a steady 30-40 mph. Setting the valves and TB's made a big difference. It is real easy to do, so I just started doing it with every oil change at the 6K mile intervals. The bike ran real smooth when I did that.

Welcome along, there's lots to read and learn here and some great folks too, enjoy.

Back