• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New from Abilene

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been in TX for about 6 years now and I plan to make it home. I've ridden on the street for 11 years. I currently have a 2014 Aprilia Tuono v4, but I'm trying to sell it and get a DR650. I'm becoming more interested in adventure and offroad riding.

Thanks for allowing me to join this site. I've found lots of useful indignation so far.

Alex

Welcome to the site! Really like the Tuono , never ridden one but almost bought one. I do have a set of Tuono mirrors on my B King though... Also considered the DR 650, last I looked there's a pretty good deal on a 2015 in Burleson at the Kawasaki/ Suzuki dealership.

Thanks for the info. I looked it up and it is a good deal. I'm looking for a used one that someone else has done mods to already. I have to sell the Tuono first. SWMBO won't let me have two at once.

Welcome. there was a DR on the Abilene CL a couple weeks ago. I know a KLR rider who was always wanting to go out and a few guys with WR250Rs.

PM me if you want me to get you in contact with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I've been in TX for about 6 years now and I plan to make it home. I've ridden on the street for 11 years. I currently have a 2014 Aprilia Tuono v4, but I'm trying to sell it and get a DR650. I'm becoming more interested in adventure and offroad riding.

Thanks for allowing me to join this site. I've found lots of useful indignation so far.

Alex

Howdy from Thorndale!

Welcome. there was a DR on the Abilene CL a couple weeks ago. I know a KLR rider who was always wanting to go out and a few guys with WR250Rs.

PM me if you want me to get you in contact with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Robbo, how are you! :sun:

I have to sell the Tuono first. SWMBO won't let me have two at once.

You just have to get her into riding! ;-) I did that. My wife ended up with three bikes and I still had only one... :ponder: Now I have two, the kids have four, and she has none :-P

I tried that about 7 years ago. She went through the msf course and scared herself out of riding. Now she won't hardly get on the back with me. I've accepted it. It gives me a chance to get away from it all. We go kayaking together instead.

Back