• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Introduction Hello

Reaction score
Hey all, My name is Dave & I was directed to this site when I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for riding buddies for my 9 y.o. daughter. She has been riding for about 2 years and currently has a modified Yamaha PW80 that she loves. She has a local girl friend her own age (3 days apart birthdays) who rides but just isn't into it as much as my kiddo. We would like to meet some other folks with kids that ride. My daughter isn't particular about age or gender, she rode with two nice boys 11 & 12 at GSL Ranch a few weeks ago. She had no problem keeping up with their 100 & 125 bikes.

I ride an old Yamaha Serow (XT) 225 & it works fine for me... I basically got it so I could ride with the kiddo.

Anyway, we live in San Marcos & have a place to ride... just need more ring buddies. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you.
Moto-Laney.jpg

Welcome to the crew. To find other riding buddies just go to one of the TWT pie runs or other local and area meet and greats. There you will find like minded folks who love to ride. We do have a few members in that neck of the woods. KP

:tab Dang. I wish we were closer. My oldest daughter is 12 and has no one to ride with, as such, she is kind of losing interest. She has a 10 year old brother, but she can't keep up with him because he only knows one speed...

:tab Welcome to the site!

:welcome: Howdy neighbor. Nice that your daughter shares the riding passion. I am sure you will find some other young people to join in the festivities. Good luck.

Thanks for reaching out everybody. Still looking for other young riders... I'll have to check out the Young Guns section.

Zars Ranch down in Floresville has an area for kids, as well as enough easy single track the younger riders can handle.

I see some young guys and girls riding down there most weekends I go ride with some friends down there.

Back