• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Just moved to Katy

Reaction score
My name is Sam, and I'm a moto-holic......

I'm from Mississip and had never been to Texas until 2003 when I crossed over the Sabine and saw the sign that said something like 8000 miles to El Paso, on my drive to SoCal. Anyhow I spent 2 days driving across this state and when I left SoCal headed back to MS I drove thru the Panhandle on I-40. I came back a few years ago and worked in Houston and Ingleside and decided to go back home. Well, now I'm back and have moved my home to Houston. I ride a F800GS and am looking fwd to heading out to Central TX for some weekend rides and if I can find anything North or NE of Houston that's good riding I'll go there too. Obviously there isn't enough time in the day so I'll be patient, but am looking fwd to soaking up some of these good roads yall have to ride.:eat:

welcome!
You should check out the local katy bike night.

If you need a twisty road fix, there's a little bit of that just west. 1458 from brookshire to san felipe.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

If you have time off Labor Day weekend, there is a big DS ride being put on by Texas Adventure Rides. They are basing in Clarksville, Ar., for the weekend. The riding is as easy or as hard as you like.

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58810

I appreciate the welcomes. I feel like I'm in the hospitality state.....

I look fwd to meeting some or all of you and getting in some rides with yall. I'm supposed to meet a fellow adv'r this week and go to the bike night at Marini's. I was gonna go this past wednesday, but other things happened. See yall there.

Welcome to Texas from a (former) Mississippian. Check out the Pie Run tomorrow to Fairfield. May see you at Mariini's.

Chuck

I'm supposed to meet a fellow adv'r this week and go to the bike night at Marini's. I was gonna go this past wednesday, but other things happened. See yall there.

I worried that a new guy would show up and not be able to recognize the group - everyone drove. Well, except Ali who rode his bicycle. It's just so hot out...

:duck:

Back