• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hopefully moving to Austin

Reaction score
Hey guys, looks like we'll be moving to the Austin area in the next couple months if all goes to plan (Famous last words, I know). Looking forward to getting back into some serious riding after my past couple years being cage bound in Miami.
Anyway, for what everyone cares about, the bikes
Street - 2008 KTM 690SMC
254493_583604764623_41201630_32893367_4879233_n.jpg

Race - 2005 RMZ450 Motard
10720_529866820561_8002616_31683898_4924756_n.jpg

Dirt - 2004 CRF250

Hopefully picking up an SV650 or a MW to get back into racing before too long.

And the fiance rides too (Lucky me)
Street - 2002 SV650
And hopefully picking up a TTR125 for her to get dirty with me.

Anyway, hope to meet some people and do a lot of riding in the future.

More motard scum moving into Austin! You'll fit right in. When you make town, come out to Mings any Wed. night (around 7pm). Ming's is by UT on the drag. It's a regular bike night with a mix of sport bikes and the other less relevant styles.

2604 Guadalupe St
Austin, TX 78705

mings_sidewalk.jpg

If you do CMRA, you'll be doing a little traveling to pick up a lot of the circuits, BUT, this time next year we may be doing track days at the F1 facility east of town.

Welcome to Austin (when you get here). I really like that KTM.

Thanks Meriden, when is the next dirt ride??? :lol2: Got here at 11:38pm Monday night!! Still jet lagged, but desperate to go dirt bike riding..

Gary

Well, update for me, we ended up buying a house in Pflugerville, so we'll be in Texas in the next 2 weeks. Very exciting for us.

Stupid question ... who does cable and internet for that area? Ive searched every company I could think of and hardly anyone seems to have service there.

Most likely Time Warner or Suddenlink. U-Verse might be available too.

I don't know who covers that area, but if you have to choose between TWC and U-verse, go for the U-verse!! We had TWC for 3 years and had many issues, now have ATT U-verse for 2+ years and love it, same price and much better service!! Let us know when you arrive and we can take you out for a few local rides and introduce you to Marble/Hidden falls.

Gary

Last edited:
This is Texas, be careful how you use the word "service". Especially with internet and cable companies.:eek2:
Come to lunch @ Billy's on Thursday.:eat:
TexTom

Well hello there! welcome to texas from another recent transplant from the east coast. Temporarily in Austin until they finish building the new place in Georgetown... Pflugerville is very close... Hope to meet up with you in the future!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask... I'll do my best... for cable service, its most likely going to be Time Warner or AT&T U-Verse... If you are in a subdivision with a home owners association, you should be able to contact them for those details as well.

I'm the wrong guy to ask for a tropical storm, in my life in Boston there were 3 hurricanes, I was out of town all 3 times, never saw one. Lived in Miami 2 years, never got one there either. I think I'm hurricane repellant.

Anyway, we arrived the other day, starting to set up the house and all that, once that moves along a bit the next step will be to find the wife a dirt bike and find some riding. I'm already anxious to get out and rip some stuff up.

I'm the wrong guy to ask for a tropical storm, in my life in Boston there were 3 hurricanes, I was out of town all 3 times, never saw one. Lived in Miami 2 years, never got one there either. I think I'm hurricane repellant.

Anyway, we arrived the other day, starting to set up the house and all that, once that moves along a bit the next step will be to find the wife a dirt bike and find some riding. I'm already anxious to get out and rip some stuff up.

And now a hurricane is making it's way up the Florida coast. You may be on to something. Hopefully your luck will change and bring us some rain.

Welcome to the Austin area! I like Pflugerville, take my dogs to the lake once in a while and get some exercise in. Have fun with the move in!

Welcome to Austin. There is great street riding here, but I have been disappointed with the off-road choices. Maybe you will do better.

Welcome to Austin. There is great street riding here, but I have been disappointed with the off-road choices. Maybe you will do better.

Heh, crap, my next question since all my gear has finally arrived is where the good offriding areas are around here.

Is there any sort of actual motard scene? As far as kart tracks or anything like that? Or mainly just a bunch of street hooligans.

Austin is full of hipsters and scooters. It's really bad downtown and by the university. They don't contribute to society, just are about the equivalent of a stubbed toe. They're unwanted and we want them to go away. Some buy old bikes and want to "cafe" them but only get about halfway done then sell 'em on Criagslist.

:twitch:

Back