• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need/Want Suggestions on Rides - NORTH TEXAS

Reaction score
:giveup:

OK up here in the DFW/North Texas area, ride areas like Big Bend and the back woods of Arkansas are practically non-existent. But we do have back gravel roads.
What I am looking for is input for ride areas.. North East South West... Red River...Etc...

Or Tell me of a particular area that is neat or cool to ride in.. or a public riding area...etc...

Or... Give me a partial route...GPX FILE or something..

LAST THING.. I need from everyone and opinion on where to leave from... DFW or some outlining city.. is it ok to spend 2 nights in a hotel for a ride....

I dont want to make a ride from Mineral Wells or Wichita falls if no one wants to get a hotel room..

Basically..I dont mind putting together the rides and organizing them...but It would help me greatly if I could get some parameters and suggestions from you the riding public from North Texas....

THANKS GUYS FOR RIDING WITH ME....BECAUSE I DONT LIKE RIDING ALONE!!

Last edited:
Hmmmmm....no input...

Grate idea, but me personally am not of any help, cause I just moved here from Europe 3 years ago.i do a lot of riding, but like you sad, it's stuff like big bend, ozarks....if I can help anyhow let me know.

What has worked for me is to get one friend and trailer to areas outside the DFW area. We try for an hour drive or less and park the trailer at a church (asking permission) or a Walmart. Walmart Ennis last week had a sign up not to park there and I hope its not the end of an era for Walmart corp.

Anyways we did Ennis and Corsicana, go east to Mineral Wells, furthest is west to Greenwood and Lbj Grasslands. We are going during the week and it is surprisingly hard to just get in these day rides, much less overnighters.

I am down for a few weeks with a busted valve and am missing these weekly or bi-weekly rides. This works for us because we has somewhat similar bikes and like to ride about the same speed. Find another rider that is somewhat compatible with your style or it will drive you nuts.

Like Goyko, we only moved here a year ago and with the kids at school didn't get a chance to explore yet!! That's why we joined your rides to get to know a few local rides. If I hear of anything I will certainly post it, but have nothing to contribute so far!! :(

Gary

Fantastic...already made some good contacts for exploring...so this is working..

North Texas does not have much to offer in the way of adventurous dual sport routes. While I can hit gravel within 8 miles of my Heath garage, most non-paved surfaces are straight lines for the majority of the mileage, with little elevation change. It's largely a blend of unpaved and barely paved routes, if anyone is interested in venturing this direction.

To the novice rider, or those unfamiliar with the area, these roads may offer plenty of excitement, especially if on a big bike. My Multistrada's 17" front wheel lets me know that it prefers a more stable surface, but it's more than capable of traversing these paths. Still not as fun as pinning the 350 EXC...

Lots of dirt roads out here around Erath County, but I'm still super familiar with the area. Moved here 2 years ago from Johnson County.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm always up for riding and exploring on Saturdays if you are in the mood for checking our roads in the north area. Staying out 2 days is always going to be a little difficult because of my work/travel schedule but I can work around it and even if I have to split off late on a Saturday or something similar it wouldn't be the first time.

I would like to join you on weekend rides as well, I have a busy May since I am selling my home in Mansfield and buying a home in Highland Village, but will be ready to ride at the end of the month. Looking forward to some exploring.

We will be happy if you join us.
Our next meeting is Tuesday night at Fuddruckers in grapevine.

Cletus...Join us on this saturdays ride...would love it if a side car was to join us...Just Awesome..

Has anyone checked out this site? https://dualsportmaps.com
I would be interested in trailering about 3 hours or so out, which would mean spending at least one night away. but there are a lot of places to ride if you are willing to go out a little further.

horrible product... if you go to the street view you cant get out of it...and all the ones I found were on the pavement.

Back