• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

tommie

ltw9r

Reaction score
I like to riding, I haven't been riding in a while, really enjoied some of the rides with HSN. No rides around me, I'm out near baytown on the east side. It's always a ride just to get to the ride starting point. Only know squids around here, can't stand them, it just gives what I like a "bad name" and I get accused of riding wheelies and cutting people off like the squids on westheimer (or wherever they are now). Don't get me wrong I have broken the law before, sometimes you just have to go a little over the speed limit on some back country roads. :) Anyway, I have been turned off lately to the sport because of movies like "Biker Boyz". I enjoy the view and exploring back country roads. Haven't been riding much lately, don't really know why, It has just been that way.

later
tommie

Welcome to the group Tommie

Howdy,

Well Tommie, you've come to the right place. I prefer to ride with the nonsquid types when possible. They just seem to attract trouble :roll: Of course, I would be lying if I said I never had any little tentacles hanging out the bottom of my jacket :twisted: But seriously, I like a spirited ride as long as it does not get out of hand.

I used to live down in Alvin way back when. I feel your pain. The whole Gulf coast is so flat, flat and flat, and did I mention windy? I am fortunate to be located right in the middle of some great riding. I can head South towards Montgomery and do the Forest ride and FM 3090, or I can run the area Northwest of Conroe and South of Lake Livingston. And if I really want to have fun, I just head East towards Jasper staying North of US 190 on the back roads.

I also run a tour business on the side for motorcycling. I make the hotel arrangements, scout out the roads, look for interesting stuff to see along the way, and find restaurants. We are doing several rides out into East Texas in the next month or two as well as a few rides out to the Hill Country. In May we will be heading up to Arkansas for some serious fun. Take a look at the Backroad Motorcycle Tours website and check the RIDES and TRIPS section if you are interested in coming along.

And welcome aboard! :)

Adios,

Howdy!
I guess a formal introduction is in order. I live in
Elgin and purchased my first bike in 30 years, a 2008 Klr 650. I did the Elgin Pie run and am heading up to Arkansas with my son for the epic adventure tomorrow. The few of ya'll I've met so far have been very nice and encouraging.
Thumper Ron told me I was "one of those statistics" guys in their late 40's to early 50's that take up riding again after doing some riding when they were younger, only to end up..... Well I hope not to be another statistic, but to thoroughly explore and enjoy the great sport of motorcycling! See ya.:rider:

Back