• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lectron Carburetor Review

Reaction score
***Best part that I've put on the bike so far.

I purchased a Lectron Power Jet (size 38) carburetor last week. The crew at Lectron provided top-notch customer support. I installed the part and after a quick idle adjustment, the bike ran better than I thought it could. I ran the woods in Conroe all day and didn't feel the need to make an adjustment. The SHNF multi-use trails are finally open again, btw.

backstory: Bought the bike used, did a top-end. After resetting the jetting to the original specs, I felt that the bike was running rich. I ordered new jets, re-jetted a number of times and during the process, broke away the brass overflow tube in the float bowl. My bad.

Glad that I did! The bike sips gas now with the new carb. I don't know the exact mpg figures, but I would guess that I have increased my range two-fold.

Creamy power from idle, through the mid-range to an awesome top end.

:tab Interesting... I was looking at these about a year or so ago for my KTM 530 EXC but never pulled the trigger on one. I was getting tired of messing with rejetting whenever I went anywhere with any altitude. So what bike are you using it on?

Do these work similar to an aircraft carb with adjustable on the fly mixture? never heard of them.

Great group of guys at Lectron a Texas company in Boerne now, we do some work for them on carb bodies after die casting.

Nice thing is they are trying their best to use only Texas companies to source any component they do not mfg in house.

On 4 strokes minimum CC they will sell a carb for is 400cc everybody two strokes are what they are really doing the most research on currently

:tab Interesting... I was looking at these about a year or so ago for my KTM 530 EXC but never pulled the trigger on one. I was getting tired of messing with rejetting whenever I went anywhere with any altitude. So what bike are you using it on?

I've got a buddy in New Mexico that just put one on his KTM 250 and he is in love with it. He regularly rides elevations from 5000 to 10,000 ft +.
"More power, better mileage, smoother operation, etc". His focus right now is on gnarly trials-like riding.
:sun:

Back