• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MotoZ / TKC80

_RG_

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
So, here are the victims after some hard miles on the 1190 R.

The TKC (front) came tubeless as stock. This is how it looks with 6300 on it. Ran at about 28-30 PSI. It's doing the usual TKC front thing of wearing side knobs and leaving center knobs... go figure. On both the 1190 and KLR, it does most things well but nothing great and lasts forever.

The MotoZ Adventure 150/70-18 (tubeless) is a big fat heavy tire that works pretty well on this motorcycle (TKC 80 was stock - died at 1600 miles - over priced junk IMHO) . This one has just over 5000 on it. That 5K is mostly off-road... like the sort found along the COBDR, UTBDR, IDBDR... you get the idea. There was some pavement in it's life but only when unavoidable. Traction control and ABS were used pretty much throughout but still, we are talking about a 150HP bike. I'm liking the MotoZ and went back on with another. :thumb:

tires.jpg

I've had 3 different types of Moto Z on my dirt bike . Liked them all. Last a long time , no flats , can run low PSI. Heavy but worth it.
Didn't know they had big bike sizes.
Thanks RG

Hmm... I may have to look into the Moto Z for my GS. TKCs really don't last long enough.

I think they just started making them in GS sizes back in August. I made a comment on FB and I was suprised that the company themselves actually chimed in and told me they were coming soon. Sure enough a few weeks later they were available. I plan on giving them a try after I wear our my K60 scouts.

Hmm... I may have to look into the Moto Z for my GS. TKCs really don't last long enough.

That's my only gripe with the TKC rear. They ride great but wear out so doggone quick that the price just doesn't work for me. Even MotoZ makes a front Adventure that the company says straight up... "it's a tire that runs great off-road but it's for folks who won't mind a tire wearing out after a 5 day ride." Don't know that I've ever even ridden with anyone fitting that category... I surely don't.

Back