• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Junes 10TH Meet n Greet n Eat

Anyone in the "maybe" area please chime back in today so I can give them the updated count. Thank you hope to see all of you there.

Late entry, but Clutchless and I will be there. :)

Leaving for M&G in a few minutes. Have to finish this last cup of coffee, then get out there and enjoy this fine late Spring early morning. Hot doesn't get here until July and August.

:giveup: (for now) on my ABS II issues and have masked over the annoying blinking red lights with electrical tape - "See dear, fixed it". Will most likely send the unit off for rebuild when it does get hot in another month.

KP,
I'm not going to make it to lunch. :giveup: I gotta help my dad around his casa.

Yep, that was a good time. Thanks for leading us back.

Nice meeting everyone. I appreciate all the good tips and routes folks shared.

Robert rode bac with MrgreenGenes & me....
Tolerated 84 as much as I could til cutting off to Elk...(& forgettn bout the 2miles of gravel on Elk Rd to FM2957....pointed out DoubleEE Ranch Rd to Robert (Branch Davidian compound location)

Gene hedded home...but me n Robert went & hung out at Thee Travelin Trio's mobile sanctuary for a while.....then time for home

The Farm House will definately be on our radar for fine eatin now.... I still cant believe we were the first ones there?
Nice crowd....nice weather...
Thanx ta Phil for the recommendation

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Thanks k~P for another enjoyable M&G. Always good to see folks and meet some new ones. Outstanding weather, even if it started to get a little warm on the way home. Hit some quick little showers that didn't last nearly long enough, but were welcomed never the less.
The catfish served was some of the best I've had in many a year. When are we going back?

To those who might want to check the Farm House out...If you can finish the 6 piece catfish plate....you must've been pretty hungry....
The 4 pc would be fine for most.... & the 8 pc could be split between 2 easily

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

That grilled shrimp was pretty good. I know a bomb bbq place in central Austin-Stiles and Switch if anybody wants an amazing lunch or dinner (not real cheap though but worth every penny) that has a good size parking lot.

Anyone have any pics? KP asked me to upload the ones I got so:
2ff48cda0be0b8ebaf5219bc3362a118.jpg
5766ceca0b62e503b320c1dfd8709dbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it was a good time for everyone. My weekend just didn't allow me to get away ! :-(
Hopefully next time !

I chowed down at Granny Clark's buffet this morning. The told me they'd been open about a month now. They still have the breakfast and lunch buffets as well as the usual menu items.

And you didn't tell anyone ... :eek2:

And you didn't tell anyone ... :eek2:

Hey, I fessed up. I didn't know they were open until I rode by at 11:AM.
Granny Clark's might only have their breakfast buffet on weekend mornings. I was temporarily incapacitated from the killer carrot cake and unable to pay attention to details when I left. :eat:

You need to let us retired folk know you are riding ... especially when the weather is in the mid 60s during August.

Back