• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1-2-3 Farm To Market Roads in Sequential Order Game!

Amazing%20Balloons%20Celebration%20-L.jpg

4/29/06 t0 10/8/17

Last edited:
Very cool. I participated early on and then lost track of the thread.

Awesome! I did the same as rich. Got a couple early on and lost track, then quit riding for a few years. Glad you guys and gals finished it!

In a way, it's kinda sad that it's done.
So what's next?

Man, I only got to grab a few of these, but it was cool to be part of it. This was a GREAT idea! Sad to see it end in a way.

Congratulations! What an accomplishment. I think I may have had one or two, but that was fun. I really enjoyed watching you all ride all over the state and the research / organization to get it done.

It would be nice to know whatever became of Sully. He was such a great contributor early on with a most mysterious disappearance.

Congratulations to all who participated! This was by far the best riding game I've had the privilege of playing. :clap::rider::clap::rider::clap:

Congratulations to all participants. Life and cycling took over for awhile. Now that I’m retired, I’m ready for a new game with a new bike. What’s up next. 😁😇

TXDOT backtracks.

Minute Order 115371 general description: Minute Order 115371 rescinds Minute Order 105686. The result of this rescission is the elimination of the Urban Road (UR) system. The Farm to Market (FM) and Ranch to Market (RM) roadways which were intended to be redesignated as Urban Roads under the provisions of Minute Order 105686 revert back to their FM/RM designations. Minute Order 115371 declares that the provisions of Minute Order 105686 were never implemented, and although the UR designations were in effect during the interim between these two Minute Orders, the affected roadways continued to be referred to by their FM or RM designations. Only the Highway Designation Files made reference to the UR designations during this interim period. Upon the passing of Minute Order 115371, the affected Highway Designation Files have been updated retroactively to reflect the FM/RM designations.

So following the link I got to this https://atlas.thc.state.tx.us/. You can search by county and it appears that they are numbered, but I haven't found a list by number yet. I did look in Victoria county and there are far more than I thought. I may try to go find them when I need an excuse to ride. I know some of these are on private land.

I ended up with about 1200 farm roads after the game finished, I've started on the ones I don't have and hope to have all 3500+ roads in five years.

Someone mentioned Texas Historical Markers at one point. There's only 16,000 of them.

Wow, what a great resource!
The tool has several search options, including one titled, "Historical Markers". Enter a number (1, 2, 3, ...... etc.) then click submit button.
Next, click on the link for the one listed for it's details/location.

Check out marker # 5347.

Nice atlas feature showing marker number and locations. Can also download Mapsource GPS data, for the more knowledgeable.

I just finished up the first 100. These are pretty much all over the state from Atlanta, in NE Texas, to El Paso in far west Texas. There's also one from the valley and others in the panhandle. It took me about a year to finish this 100 because I only had a few of these when I started. The rest should go faster because I have collected a little over 650 of the first 1000. I've been average 650 miles and 50 roads on a trip.

Attachments

• 1-8.jpg
    1-8.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 9-16.jpg
    9-16.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 17-24.jpg
    17-24.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 25-32.jpg
    25-32.jpg