• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Update on this deal:

I took my bike to the dealer yesterday and here's the official code:

DTC: 4-1

Function Failure: Front wheel lock • Riding condition

Symptom/Fail-safe Function: • Stops ABS operation

So, as I thought, my front wheel did lock up going into the turn which caused me to slide off the road.

The dealer said it appears the entire (front/rear) ABS will shut off under certain conditions, one of those being if you're riding on a gravel road and the front wheel locks up.

Seems a bit nonsensical, but there it is. Apparently, the ABS can auto-disable in certain non pavement situations. Something to be aware of for Africa Twin owners.

I think the real advisory is "Don't try to keep up with MacDaddy on gravel" :D

Unless you ride a KLR with stock tires...just saying!

lol, I should have specified to not chase him on an Africa Twin with stock tires.

Lol! I posted that comment because I’ve chased him on gravel on my KLR when I had it. Ask him about it sometime. We give each other a good “ribbing “ quite often! All in fun.

Unless you ride a KLR with stock tires...just saying!

Yes we kid each other on this forum quite a bit and I sometimes wonder what others must think, but Sir, that remark is over the line. No offense to others but, No One Ever on a KLR with what ever tires you want to put on them stayed with me unless I wanted them there or I was pushing a shopping cart alongside my wife. :puke: Okay, ego filled rant over. BTW you've surprised a lot of riders (including myself) on whatever you were riding.

Yes we kid each other on this forum quite a bit and I sometimes wonder what others must think, but Sir, that remark is over the line. No offense to others but, No One Ever on a KLR with what ever tires you want to put on them stayed with me unless I wanted them there or I was pushing a shopping cart alongside my wife. :puke: Okay, ego filled rant over. BTW you've surprised a lot of riders (including myself) on whatever you were riding.

Lol! That’s good brother!

Yep. The Burgman looks like a baby Gold Wing to me. For the first time in about 10 years, my wife and I are heading for Kerrville tomorrow without a bike. It’s gonna be different. But we’re eating lunch tomorrow at Bill’s Burgers in Burnet, Tommy’s Pizza Friday, Billy Gene’s one night, staying at Hunter House Thursday through Saturday nights, coming home Sunday. Gotta get in my Hill country fix, even if it’s a little late. I had a heart CT scan today and it went well. They sent me home. I see my cardiologist in a couple of weeks. So I guess I’m gonna live!

Are you happy now? I changed my profile picture just for you.

Hahahaha! but your signature needs to read something like, I wish I were Steve. :rofl:

Back