• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Burn your Burger at Brewsters on the 4th

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Brewster
I have recently been reminded that I haven't had any events at my place in quite some time. The 4th falls right in the middle of the week and is making it hard for a lot of folks to get away, so I though I would put something together.

With the heat coming on, it might be a good day to go for a morning ride and then get together with like minded folks for a simple lunch. I will light the grills and get hamburgers and some simple fixins together for whoever would like to show up. I'll also open the shop in case somebody would like to do some quick maintenance. The pneumatic tire machine is available to use if you need it. If somebody or somebodies would like to put a ride or two together for that morning please do. This will be informal and you might be asked to burn your own burger when you get here. I'll plan on having food ready around 1230 to 1300, but feel free to drop by earlier if you would like

The address is 117 Oak Trail, Burleson TX 76028. It's actually in the big city of Rendon just off FM 1187

I would appreciate an RSVP just so I have an idea of how much food to get. No need to bring anything unless you just want to. I'm trying to make it easy for people to get there on their bikes. There is lots of bike parking, and some car parking. I live just outside the city limits so we get a lot of visitors on the 4th in this area but I can put alotta bikes on my place without using the street.

Hey Mike, that sounds good. Put me down as a strong maybe. Right now calendar is clear but that could change at the last minute.

Put me down as a strong maybe as well, Mike. I need to check with the misses to see if we have plans that I don't know or have forgotten about. A frequent situation with me....:lol2:

I had 4 yeses from ice cream bike folks before I made this post, 2 maybe's and 1 young lady strong armed me for grilled cheeses and won - so this will happen for certain.

Plenty of room for others if you don't have other plans.

Looking forward to it.
I’ll see you Friday Ice Cream to see if there is any thing you would like me to bring.

Things did not go as planned, Mike. We're doing family stuff with the outlaws.

Have fun and thanks for the invite!

As I am a possible as well. Need to double check with the wife on plans. I never know what they are

Fun Fact: Cheetos are grilled cheeses designed for long term storage

That's a great pro tip. It will make my compliance issue easier! Easy Cheese. I like it.

It looks like this will be a small gathering with just a few quality folks. At this level, preparation is not a real issue so if there are those that want to jump in late, it shouldn't be a problem

Put me down.. Also may be bringing a front tire and try out your fancy machine..
Can I bring the cheese for grilled cheese?? Limburger of course... LOL

Count me as in depending on the rain. Recent forecast says maybe 30% chance on the 4th from one of NBC's local guy. I'm using this as an excuse to ride besides going to work. Well, that and possibly pick up/buy a com unit from Sharkey. I can go explore down south of you before I head up for food and conversations.

Looking forward and thanks for doing this.

Look forward to seeing y'all. Looks like about 8- 10 folks. Not everyone is posting and I may be losing count. There will be a cold front on Wednesday. High is only supposed to be 96.

Looking forward to it. I may give my buddy Bill a call to see if he wants to join us.

Or this..[ame="https://youtu.be/A9jhD_W0p1o"]Why They Won't Make Jokes About Hillary Clinton... | JEFF DUNHAM - YouTube[/ame]

I was trying to map out a ride for before riding to Crew Chief's place, but I realized I know nothing about the west side of the area. I'm in the Lancaster area and was thinking of heading south first, then west, then north west to get to Rendon.

Anyone have any suggestions? certain roads to hit in the morning hours before lunch? Street or gravel. Doesn't matter to me, but I will take a lot of things really slow as I'm really new to non pavement so far.

Last edited:
Just watched the weather update from Fox 4 and it looks like I may get my first experience in rain tomorrow on the bike.

Yay learning?

Just watched the weather update from Fox 4 and it looks like I may get my first experience in rain tomorrow on the bike.

Yay learning?

Learning is good, but experience can be a tough teacher. All of us ride in it at some point. Just slow down and don't rush it.

Looks like we are expecting between 6 and 12 folks judging from informal comments I've received. We have 4600 SF under roof, so even if a stray storm comes by, folks can stay dry. I may just go out and dance in the rain if we get some considering how hot it's been.

If others want to drop by feel free and it's never to late to decide to come. There should be plenty of food and more is just a short drive away.

I don’t know the thought of seeing you dancing in the rain may change some minds about showing up.

?[emoji126]

Back