• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

(Tx, Houston) Tubeless Tire Changes $15

Seb656

Reaction score
Hey guys. I bought a no-mar scratchless tire changer and I am trying to make up the cost. $15 per tire for mounting and balancing for forums members.

Forgot to add: My name is Sebastian and my number is 832-305-6355

Re: Tubeless Tire Changes $15

Not sure about the rules on posting services, but either way you should also post up on Craigslist

It's fine in this forum, read the sticky at the top for the format guidelines.

PM Sent

Yeah I figure $15 per tire is pretty fair. Most shops in town charge atleast $25 per tire if you buy from them =(

Yep, Cycle Gear is $20 (plus a disposal fee -- $2.50?) if you buy from them. (But they will balance for free!)

$15 sounds fair to me.

Lee

Sebastian great job on my tire. Thanks for coming by picking up and then dropping the tire back at my office. Great service:clap::rider::clap:

I highly recommend this service and would gladly do it again.

Sebastian great job on my tire. Thanks for coming by picking up and then dropping the tire back at my office. QUOTE]

Now THAT is a major plus! :clap:

On the other hand, it takes away an opportunity for fellowship.

On the gripping hand, my "new" bike has tubes. :doh:

I may give you a holler next time I need a tire change, Sebastian.

Sorry for the late reply guys. Just moved, I am now located right off 610 and 288. By all means if you ever need any tires changed or any other motorcycle help for that matter, just give me a shout.

How are you liking that nomar changer? I'm thinking about picking one up and doing something similar to help recover the expense (I'm in Lubbock)

Its a great machine. If you've never done tires before its rather simple. Just watch alot of videos and make sure to depress the tires in the proper areas and most tires are cake. Only problems I have had thus far have been getting off a heavy cruiser tire and getting some old CB rims to seat. Besides that its been great.

Hey guys. I bought a no-mar scratchless tire changer and I am trying to make up the cost. $15 per tire for mounting and balancing for forums members.

Forgot to add: My name is Sebastian and my number is 832-seven two three-0459

Sebastian, I will give you a call next week, in the mean time how is the "logistics" of the tire change?

Let me know . . .

Camilo

Sounds good. Not sure what exactly you mean by "logistics", but its a pretty simple process. It takes about 20 minutes per tire if they are off the bike.

Sounds good. Not sure what exactly you mean by "logistics", but its a pretty simple process. It takes about 20 minutes per tire if they are off the bike.

OK, I will see how complicated (to me) it is to take the wheels off the bike; the other thing is your time availability to do this, I guess once we talk, I will know...

Thanks!

Camilo

Sebastian -

I ordered the tires online and will be arriving next week. I will keep you posted...

Sounds good. My time availability really varies depending on the week (I am an Engineering Student at UH, so some weeks are more ruff then others). Generally speaking though, I am good to do tire changes on the weekends or after 5 Mon, Tues, Thurs. Just give me a call and we can work out then when you would like to get it by.

If your going to take the wheels off your bike. Make sure to look up a service manual, that you have a lift, and that you have the appropriate tools. Also, when putting the axles back in I recommend lubing the axles with moly grease (can be found at Autozone or similar stores) as this is recommend service on all bikes.

Sebastian, I ended up dropping the tires at the Yamaha dealer earlier this week only for the convenience (they are basically in my neighborhood) and I installed one on Wednesday and the other one today.

Sebastian, are you still doing tire change/balancing ?
Will you be in Houston Dec.22/23 ?

Back