• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Octobers Meet n Greet N Eat...with A Ride on the Side - 10/12

I'll feel guilty not camping after all that effort you put into securing a location! Still a maybe (for camping) at the moment.

Lemme see..... that will be 60 days since I last rode. :ponder: I wonder if I'll remember how......

Need to do an oil/filter change between now and then....

Put me in the 'maybe' column for now to eat and 'maybe' for camping.

Attention attention attention: ... New location will be Cascade Caverns in Boerne. ... Price is $15 per site with a limit of 2 tents per site. ... Electric hook up is $20 per site. ... KP

There appears to be a $5 off one-night-of-camping on their website. Coupon PDF here.

Thanks WS, for the head's up on the coupon.

Perhaps we could reserve an area AND get a group discount? (I know, i know, that's difficult to do with so many maybe's. and i am guilty as charged.... :-(

:rider:

Well I canceled my business trip with weekend as I came down with a *** kicking head cold, so if I am feeling better by Saturday I will ride over to the park and check out the camping site. Only a short ride for me. I'll take some pictures and get a feel for the place. I want to try it out as I need to do a test camping run before I do a full weekend long ride / camping trip

Put me down for maybe to eat. It's been a while since I've been to one of these.

scott

Well I canceled my business trip with weekend as I came down with a *** kicking head cold, so if I am feeling better by Saturday I will ride over to the park and check out the camping site. Only a short ride for me. I'll take some pictures and get a feel for the place. I want to try it out as I need to do a test camping run before I do a full weekend long ride / camping trip

Take a few pics if you can and post them so others can see how it looks. :photo:

count me in as "highly probable" for eating. Weather should be great for a hill country run.

Who wants to hit the Sisters?:trust:

Possible for camping... that'll be this, Harvest Classic, RTB, and Races... in a row... so i'm pushing it quite a bit ;-)

Put me in for eating and some riding afterwards. Might show up at Cascade Caverns to visit, not camp. When are people expecting to arrive at Cascade Caverns? - Bill

Put me in for eating and some riding afterwards. Might show up at Cascade Caverns to visit, not camp. When are people expecting to arrive at Cascade Caverns? - Bill

I am trying to get off early from work but not sure if that is possible yet. If so I would like to be there mid-afternoon.

I googled a satellite view. The CG is wooded. Decent shade from live oaks. Appears to be light poles through out.
M38A1- bring your bike by for a fluid check.

count me in as "highly probable" for eating. Weather should be great for a hill country run.

Possible for camping... that'll be this, Harvest Classic, RTB, and Races... in a row... so i'm pushing it quite a bit ;-)

Red Brown wants to ride the sisters I might be able to hit one or two depending if I am on the pig or the piglet.

I do, but would need to do that on Sunday.. If I can convince the wife to camp on Saturday night I won't be able to get down until she is done with work, with means a >6pm arrival.

Should be able to fit it in after the lunch...

I do, but would need to do that on Sunday.. If I can convince the wife to camp on Saturday night I won't be able to get down until she is done with work, with means a >6pm arrival.

Should be able to fit it in after the lunch...

Not sure if we will have a official after lunch ride yet. But would like to ride the sisters also if no Mr2mch M@G@E ride is planned.

I should be good to go but my KLR is sitting with it's head off currently :P
At least till my new shims com in.

Drew.... Still not sure if Im gonna make this one or not. Got T Fest on Saturday & dont kno what time Ill b done there. ...& we're still dealin with my dads problems. Im interviewin caregivers tomorrow & Tue. Gonna try ta hav sumthin in place by the nxt week.

Im a hopeful ...with an after lunch ride.
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I'm doing a three day ride starting on Friday going up to Borger in the panhandle. Saturday I'll do the length of Texas State Hwy 70 down to Abilene and over to Big Spring State Park. On Sunday morning I'll be riding the Three Sisters if anyone is interested in joining me leaving from the Junction Roadway Inn at 7:30am. See y'all in Boerne for lunch.

On Sunday morning I'll be riding the Three Sisters if anyone is interested in joining me leaving from the Junction Roadway Inn at 7:30am. See y'all in Boerne for lunch.

Watch out for deer. I saw quite a few large bucks hit today in the middle of the day. The rut cycle has started.

RB

Watch out for deer. I saw quite a few large bucks hit today in the middle of the day. The rut cycle has started.

RB
Seconded. I had a close encounter of the brown kind around 8 this morning near Ozona. Lots of deer by the side of the road on 29. Towards junction

Drew.... Still not sure if Im gonna make this one or not. Got T Fest on Saturday & dont kno what time Ill b done there. ...& we're still dealin with my dads problems. Im interviewin caregivers tomorrow & Tue. Gonna try ta hav sumthin in place by the nxt week.

Im a hopeful ...with an after lunch ride.
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

We understand take care of pops first,riding is a far away second. Good luck with the interviews and keep us in the loop.

Here are some photo's from the camping site.

DSCF1308_zps7b7b1df1.jpg

DSCF1311_zps28e05b96.jpg

DSCF1312_zpsb32e808d.jpg

DSCF1314_zps9ad3d856.jpg

Took my daughter on the ride.

DSCF1310_zps36e88a4d.jpg

Thank you for all the pictures. Anyone caging it and bringing fire wood? Might be roasting something on a stick if we had a camp fire.:eat3:

Thank you for all the pictures. Anyone caging it and bringing fire wood? Might be roasting something on a stick if we had a camp fire.:eat3:

Me and my brother can bring some fire wood out to the campsite on Saturday. I have to work the evening, UTSA game starts at 6pm so I assume I'll have to be there at 5pm at the latest. That leaves me the Saturday morning for fire wood delivery. Who is getting there early Saturday? I can drop off the wood to them. PM me with your cell phone and I will be in touch.

Back