• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Adventure Riders Association

I am late to the party, just now seeing the action here but count me in as a Houstonite. I am not the most dependable riding buddy but the website will certainly help me keep track of events and attend the ones i can.

What would be very helpful and beneficial to us all would be if there was a section of the website with maps/gps files for routes broken down by region. Something easy to navigate without having to dig through forum ride reports. This would obviously take rider contribution but could help those of us who are unfamiliar with routes out of our area.

...What would be very helpful and beneficial to us all would be if there was a section of the website with maps/gps files for routes broken down by region. Something easy to navigate without having to dig through forum ride reports. This would obviously take rider contribution but could help those of us who are unfamiliar with routes out of our area.

There is a subforum for this but it hasn't picked up much participation yet,

http://www.twtex.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

_

Last edited:
A good way to search forums is to use Google and do something like this,

site:www.twtex.com big bend routes

That should only return results for threads/posts on www.twtex.com. Google does a better job than the forum's built in search engine sometimes.

You can do that for any site.

I understand what you mean about threads getting buried and then the info you want getting buried in a thread. That kind of search helps with this issue. Also, this is why I set up the Ride/Trip Planning subforum with the GPS subforum. I guess I could move the GPS forum up one level so it can be seen on the main forum listing page.

I'm in. Jampad and dualsportrider, you guys beat me to this thread - I'm late to the party.
Rich

Glad you could finally make it, JoToPe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houston Meeting Info:

In addition to anyone who has a chance to talk with Joe (jdsmetx) this Saturday at the SHNF workday we are going to tag onto the regular meeting of the West/Central Houston Dual/Sport group on Wed March 8th. Details to follow on location and time.
What time is your meeting Wednesday at Live Oak in Houston? Our Dual-Sport group normally meets at 7pm but I could make it earlier this time if necessary. Also I need to reserve a room.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is this the archives of an ancient past or is anything still happening somewhere?

Ed, it seems now that some chapters are up and running, rides are posted up elswhere on TWT

for instance:

there may be another one for the dfw area, not sure.

Back