• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mount Giant Loop on Husky 501

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
I am making final changes to the Husky before the AR ride in two weeks and would like some input on mounting the Giant Loop Mojavi Saddle Bags on the Husky

The first picture shows that the included Velcro strap that hooks under the rear fender has almost no Velcro left to attach to. It seems this strap is for a much larger rear fender. Not sure what a best way to go is. I could try and find someone to sew on some more Velcro or maybe try and install a snap of some sort.

20170517_155342904_iOS_zpssgsintbn.jpg

Next is how best to secure the sides to the frame. It is just sitting there loose so I can try out a few things. Any input?

Right
20170517_155407549_iOS_zpst5kpgk4t.jpg

Left
20170517_155354946_iOS_zpsllwo9vcx.jpg

Lastly do the little hooks that connect to the rear fender actually stay in place or should I try to workout something better?

There is very little lip on the rear fender and it is sort of wedged in between the plastic sub-frame and the fender.
20170517_155426658_iOS_zpshqf52lns.jpg

I have an older version of this bag, but it mounts the same. Don't worry too much about the fender hooks. Mine don't get tight either and it makes no difference.

Mount the "U" of the bag under the rear lip of the seat (if there is a lip, I can't see from the picture). Once you tighten the straps, the bag is held in place by the back of the seat and it is not going anywhere forward. and the straps keep it from moving back either. It will be rock solid.

There is not right or wrong way to loop the forward straps, except to keep it away from your exhaust. The side frame rails are the obvious anchor points. Anywhere that you can get a "straight pull" or close to straight from the strap mount on the bag to where you loop it through and you will be good.

I had this bag on for 500 miles of rough and sometimes extreme Colorado single track and the bag never moved in a week. You bought a nice piece of equipment for sure.

I suspect the forward strap's going to slide right up the round tube frame w/ one good bump....maybe strap it right above the black frame guard, it should stay put.
20170517_155407549_iOS_zpst5kpgk4t.jpg

Back