• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GLEN ROSE RUN - North Texas Ride - June 10, 2017

Ya'll are going to have a great day. This is really pretty country and the route is a good mix. Dropped it in the 1st river crossing on 1001, 5.1 miles into my day....starting the day soaked to the core and with wet drawers the rest of the day kind of reminds you what you came for.

I didn't have the balls (or stupid bravado) to try and cross the Bosque 2480 or the other river crossing across hwy 6 on 2475. (c'mon...by myself...big oversized bike and no skills to speak of). No one around so couldn't see how deep the North bosque is, but it's running good. They're all slick as horse snot..or anything else that might come from a horse. So even the easy ones are nerve wracking.

Rained this morning so hopefully it will settle the dust for you guys. Have a great day....be prepared to get wet.

And!! Somebody take some video. There will be drama, and I'd like to see it from the relative safety of my computer.

The route changed June 6 after doing some recon on the area. ... So I guess if depends on when you downloaded the file. The final route is above.

Looks like I am out, gotta go pick up a new to me bike.

Instead of getting off early, I worked 3 hours later. Not up to the travel distance to be there by 8am. Have ridden a lot of the area on the pavement with a friend from Granbury. Beautiful area, and was really looking forward to it. Sounds like good weather too. Guess I'm stuck up on the Caprock. Mayve the next one :-(

Great ride, thanks to the Mike and Cleatus!!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

ee70fc7c8746a5616e879c44fc12169c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, everyone post replies to this thread in the "after the ride" section under Glen Rose Run

Back