• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Natchez Trace Parkway ?s

I'm a little surprised no one has said the best way to do the Trace on 2 wheels is without a motor. :mrgreen::loco::mrgreen: There are plenty of campsites along the way.

That is going to be my retirement ride in both direction starting in Nashville. Going to take 2 to 3 weeks to do the whole 888+ miles plus a few nights in Nashville.

I grew up a stones throw from the Trace in a small MS town just off that Starkville exit. It's beautiful and peaceful as long as your mindset is to take your time.

We just returned home from our trip and I must say that those that stated to adjust the mindset were absolutely correct. One day on the NTP was about 180 miles and almost 7 hours. If you don't stop and look and take your time you're missing the point. What a very nice ride (even at the end of July). The stopping in some of the low lying areas made me wish I'd ordered the 'fan' package for the trip. The air was dead calm and with the high humidity, it made one appreciate moving on the bike again :) Lots of history and hidden sights. We didn't make all the stops available, we did have a place to be by a certain date. We picked up the NTP in Clinton, MS and departed in TN at US Hwy 64. That will leave more for the future :)

Every time I hit one of those "low" areas and walked around I got to thinking about the people hiking and in wagons going through there. No artificial breeze for them and much more work.

^^^Exactly^^^ Was the mail route, want to be a postman, on foot!

Last edited:
Back