• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire question - Africa Twin

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Looks like I get to go back to Durango next weekend and I will be taking both the Twin and the Husky. Last year I didn't have the Husky so I rode the twin on all the hard stuff with a pair of TCK 80's. This time I am going to save the hard stuff for the Husky and use the Twin more to explore and ride two up.

Sometime ago I purchased a Heidenau K60 for the rear and planed on using that along with the TKC80 front tire I had from last year. It is still fine.

Question is are these two tires compatible? For some reason I think one is bias ply and the other radial, but my quick search is not telling me this.

Anybody have input or better suggestions ?

Rear: 150/70 18
Front: 90/90 21

Thanks, Mike

I run a similar set up on my GS. front is TKC80, rear is Mitas E07.. I think (similar to the k60).

Ive ran mismatched tires on the GS the whole time ive had it. TKC80 front ... and some other rear. Usually a tourance. It makes the turn in very quick on that bike, although yours may differ.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I ran the tkc and k60 to galeana last yr with good results. I would do it again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I was a fan of the K60's when I ran them on my sportster scrambler. Predictable in slides and had nice grip on dirt roads. Life was better than expected too.

Mis-matched tires are no big deal, especially for off road use.

I am currently running a TKC80 and E07 on my AT just fine.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks everyone for the responses, makes me feel a bit better now.

Thank goodness my neighbor has a nice Coats motorcycle tire changer to make the rear tire change MUCH simpler!!!

Back