• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

losing motivation to ride?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
Hardy, it's 36 on my porch right now. I'd have to gear up quite a bit to make my 18 mile run though my fun, twisty roads to the gym. I have a heated four wheeler. You know that's what I'll use this morning. Gearing up taking time and effort but I'm phobic about doing it. I like my skin where it's supposed to be and noggin still working. Does the Burgman encourage you to ride with minimal gear in the states? That would be more convenient and perhaps you aren't encouraged to push limits now.

I've hit a huge slump in my riding. I've had several friends over the last year get hurt or killed on their motorcycles, and I had a get off back in August that shook me up. Totally unscathed, bike had some minor damage. Since then I have not ridden but a handful of times. I am currently building a high HP sportster to play with that is somewhat reigniting my interest in riding. I think I may done with sportbikes altogether though. Idk... my new GSX-S750 has only 3500 miles on it and already has some scuff marks. Either way it's depressing. I used to be a daily rider. Another problem I find is just as some of you have said already, the roads! I've ridden everything around here that is good multiple times over. Not only that, to get to anything good you have to knock down at least 50 miles of rough terrible Houston traffic to get to it and that includes the dirt! Humming down I-10 on ANY thumper from 250-650 doesn't sound fun to me.

Couple all of this with the massive amounts of people moving to Houston and it's just sucking the fun out of it. Commuting down right scares me now, where as I used to knock down 30k miles a year and 15k of it was commuter miles.

Last edited:
losing motivation to ride?

Guilty…

Maybe “diagnosed with same condition” is a better description.

Maybe not.

Age finally catching up with me, physical conditioning, joints ache.

I’ve done some trips with people, kinda enjoy that.

Done more solo trips, I really enjoy the go it alone/do your own thing as well.

Epic trips are just a dream with work obligations, and financing.

The summers just seem to be getting longer and hotter.

I guess that’s the age thing kicking in.

Still enjoy tinkering with the bikes.

But too many other hobbies and obligations fight for my time.

Maybe it will pass / maybe it won’t.

:ponder:

I recently rode my Sabre on a camping trip, 680 miles all told. That was 2 days of riding with a little riding at the camp. I had fun.

Looks like 350 miles in a day is my new limit.

Great video Mike...I haven't been riding for 4 1/2 months and I miss it badly.

Had a bad fall and broke my hip, had to have a complete right side hip replacement on 4-15 and I'm still not strong enough to ride...it's frustrating to walk out in the garage and just stare at my three motorsicles.

Hopefully in another month, I dunno, I'll be ridin' again.

RobG,

Blessings on healing up. Hang in there, be patient with your body. I came feather close to selling my two bikes last winter and quitting. Glad I hung in there until the sun came out again.

Thanks, I'm not gonna give up...I enjoy riding too much. I just hope I heal well enough to swing my leg over the seat and ride again. :chug:

That is one of the best short video's I've seen in a while, thank you for sharing.

Honor those who gave you life and gave your life happiness. What would they want you to be doing, surviving or living?

Back