• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

experience buying gear from sporttour.com

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Last Name
carr
I'd like to post a review of the Tour Master Caliber pants I ordered from SportTour on Dec 17th, but I can't because... well, I won't bore you with the variety of excuses. At least they are creative enough to give me a different reason each time.

The most recent shipping promise is Monday. If they don't ship Monday I will cancel and move the order over to NewEnough (who was out of stock in my size at the time).

I did the due dligence 2-minute google search beforehand, and only saw good reviews of the site. Maybe this is just a coincidence of wacky problems, but all I know is it is pretty danged cold outside in jeans.

I ordered some GIVI stuff from them and was very satisfied with every aspect of the transaction/delivery. New enough is also very good so you won't go wrong there. The only problem is the state sales tax.

The pants came in yesterday. Tried them on and moved the knee armor into place.

First impression: pretty cool, and obviously a lot of thought and sewing goes into making these things.

As soon as it de-ices I'll give a riding report.

The Caliber pants are the ones RocketBunny got a few months ago, and I know she's enjoyed them every time she's worn them. Not sure how much of the waterproofness she's gotten to test yet.

They look like the pants for me once my current pair of Tourmaster Cortech wears out (which might be sooner than later).

I have a brand new pair of the Caliber pants for sale in the For Sale / Wanted section, since I already have 2 pair of textiles and a set of perforated leathers, but I may have to re-think selling them based on positive reviews.

I really like my Caliber pants. They're comfortable and look great!

I've rain-tested them several times now and had no problems with water getting through. The liner is surprisingly easy to insert and stays in place. My legs have been warm enough with liner in down to temperatures in the thirties (I ride in bicycle shorts in all temperatures).

I ordered them from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

They were listed at the same price as NewEnough, and offered free shipping. Since they are out-of-state, there was no sales tax charged, so I saved some money there. The whole process was seamless and professional.

Last edited:
rocketbunny said:
The liner is surprisingly easy to insert and stays in place. My legs have been warm enough with liner in down to temperatures in the thirties (I ride in bicycle shorts in all temperatures).

Yeah, I like the liner keepers (holders, whatever) that keep the liners down in the pants and the zipsides that makes everything easier to position.

I've heard several serious riders talk about bikshorts under overpants for riding. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the feedback.

Took them out for a ride over the weekend. I like them. Definitely good value for the money.

Pro: I feel much better about wearing them than wearing jeans. Knee and hip armor, and the fabric feels like it could slide further before giving up. Very sturdy closures and extra snaps provided in case of loss. TourMaster sticker for your toolbox. Really reflective stripes (see the crappy pic below; it was a flash picture taken in daylight). Nice 3/4 length side zippers. I plan on wearing them over my khakis to work. Tried them on over slacks and jeans and they felt right.

Con: somewhat slippier feeling knees against the tank. Not bad but noticeable. Feels different when putting the left foot down at stoplights. The extra fabric is noticeable. A bit bulky, but their OVERpants fer pete's sake.

If you have nice leathers I'd keep wearing them. If you (like me) were making do with jeans this kind of overpant is a great deal.

I am 6' 190# and I got the Large/Tall. It was worth the wait to get a pair of pants the same length as my 34" legs.

caliberP1010007.jpg

Back