• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Can't remove a stripped screw

Ha! I have not been scared off--but definitely didn't expect such a thorough and quick response! To those who asked: yes, the screw that drains the float bowl. I've only had to drain it once before and I noticed it was pretty close to stripped then but wasn't exactly in a position to replace it at the time. I figured I would be able to get it out again the same way I did that time, but to no avail. I'm going to go ahead and order the replacement before I try any of this out. I'm a little nervous about taking the carb off myself because I've never done anything more to the engine by myself than change the oil. But that's what youtube is for right? Thanks!

Left is loose, right is tight, if your OK with puzzles your going to be fine.:mrgreen:

I've only had to drain it once before and I noticed it was pretty close to stripped then but wasn't exactly in a position to replace it at the time. I figured I would be able to get it out again the same way I did that time, but to no avail.

Well, if you have it off recently...then I think you should be able to get it
off again, without removing the carb.

You might just have to find a better screwdriver.
May need a new, proper fitting, high-quality screwdriver.
Not the kind from dollar-store.

And put some muscle behind it...to keep it from slipping out.

Last edited:
Back