• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Progressive rear air shock

julimike54

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hayden
The rear air shocks on the wing started leaking air only while on the center stand. Several emails and telephone calls to Progressive Tech yielded that they couldn't be rebuilt. They are an older version that has about 14,000 miles on them. The leaking down while on the center stand has gone on a while, I was hoping to ride out the remaining part of the year. Murphy had another plan. Last Friday I went to check bike over for the Pie Run and the rear shocks wouldn't air up at all. Decided that whatever was leaking had failed. Ordered a new set of shocks and today started taking the tupperware off to find this...
li9Hz8Ll_rTzJjT-pXRqS8xBu6PX17Lk45Em_wc_rRk22G4xa6dRP_0fnf4of8jxTjIfydDX9lR_AaIJycA=w679-h904-no.jpg

BjmHyoelNtwylBcJ8eQDFQFN5-26yZuvwznsV_TOsqvr0Ab8Hkj3-j10yDFndBp4_DUvxvM0ZG5Y6syKwVw=w679-h904-no.jpg

Both sides the top is hanging out of the body, no wonder it won't hold air! After removing the shocks I found this on them both..
RuH0FvtD-wyJH82nHBt3QWCNa39Ku_A-X3oHFOXwAcU-MCwUKwIEZ-A96pJ9Y8GGzy_ivTq86g0Wqla8ci4=w679-h904-no.jpg

The inside parts (damper?) have unscrewed themselves from the top rod!

So my question is , has anyone rebuilt Progressive air shocks and can lend any pointers? I'd like to repair them and have them for when the new set does this :eek2::eek2:

Last edited:
New shocks installed, rides great. Two days 2 emails to Progressive, no response.

It's attached to their email
You can't see 'em?

Well tried again to post the pictures, I can see them from another computer and I looked on the phone. Let me know:popcorn:

trying both edge and chrome all I see now is the last picture.

Well that is strange....tried reloading again. Have done all 3 the same way. I can see them on another computer here at house (not logged on) and can see them on iPhone (logged on). Never had this much trouble before :scratch: Let me know

Four days of emails, finally heard from Progressive, not with information I was looking for :( I'll keep trying.

Just an update. They provided the assembly directions on the current production units. At least from that I should be able to reverse the directions to take apart. They advised the threads should have red thread lock on them.

:coffee: Keep chipping away it. In the end you will learn something and we will too. I always figure someone or some machine put it together the first time, so it can be redone. The question is how much time, effort, and money you want to spend. These air shocks should be worth the rebuild.

Back