• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Now THATS interesting???? Versys X

Indian women wear Saris. Indian women, traditionally, don't ride anything. They sit in back side saddle with one foot on the peg. By law every bike must have a Saris guard.

What is funny is Indian made Hero brand in latin america with Saris guard and indian front plate mounts. And the Salvadoranians are like, "Uh, I dunno why, just has it."

Motorcycle riding in India is empowering women. Makes a statement against the old ways. Blue skinny jeans, leather jackets. If you google it, pure hotness, lol.

Well that makes more sense.:rofl:

https://youtu.be/755Z-Oxzlo4

India's 300X comes with a BBQ grill??? That is crazy. Forward to 1:19 or so. The oddest add on I have ever seen.

Drew, I watched the Versys review video. The only complaint he had besides the hard seat was the low gearing.

So, being born in a different age and time, I thought let's change the gearing and solve that problem easily.

Just went through six pages on a Kawasaki forum on trying to solve problems after changing the sprockets for a more comfortable cruising RPM.

After changing, the gear indicator was lost, fault codes were thrown, ECU couldn't be reset... a mess.

What I learned: on new bikes, the manufacturers are making motorcycles now that are hard to impossible to modify.

Unless a buyer doesn't mind cruising at 9K, avoid the Versys 300.

Drew, I watched the Versys review video. The only complaint he had besides the hard seat was the low gearing.

So, being born in a different age and time, I thought let's change the gearing and solve that problem easily.

Just went through six pages on a Kawasaki forum on trying to solve problems after changing the sprockets for a more comfortable cruising RPM.

After changing, the gear indicator was lost, fault codes were thrown, ECU couldn't be reset... a mess.

What I learned: on new bikes, the manufacturers are making motorcycles now that are hard to impossible to modify.

Unless a buyer doesn't mind cruising at 9K, avoid the Versys 300.

Lots of peeps over ADV Rider switched to a 15 tooth front sprocket with no issues at all. What did you try?

Last edited:
I introduced myself yesterday and was linked to this thread. I'm a Versys X300 owner and can happily share my quick impressions of the bike after 8 months of ownership.

The bad:

The seat. It's bad. Really bad. I can't handle much time on the seat without discomfort, and there's not really a good alternative if you have the ergo seat (the one that's taller), like me.

No advanced tech like cruise control etc. On long trips it makes me consider a more expensive bike with more touring capabilities.

The wind pushes me around.

The good:

It's a good beginner bike. This is my second bike (first one was short lived), and I've certainly learned a lot about riding motorcycles while riding this little engine all around. My exploration of how to push the engine has gone from running at 4,000 to 5,000 rpms thinking that's the way to go to now running around 8,000 most of the time. 9,000+ when going fast. Not enough power to get you on trouble but can do highways comfortably at around 70-80mph.

The weight. It's not heavy, it's lighter than my first bike (that I unfortunately crashed). When I decided to get another bike weight was one of the factors I was considering so I could have some error and not dump the bike. Considering I haven't dropped this one at all (even thought I've had close calls), speaks great of how a lighter bike can keep a newbie rider on the right side.

It was a fantastic commuter bike (not commuting it anymore in Texas though). Gas mileage was great and haven't had a single issue so far.

It's cheap! I paid 6100OTD in California. I've added around 1500 in farkles and that's it. Great bike for a decent price and can take me anywhere.

Honestly, I've been thinking of getting another bike for going long distances more comfortably but been thinking about keeping the Versys for dirt adventures. I do dream of a 1200GS but I'm still a little scared about the weight on offroad settings. We'll see how I feel in the next coming months now that I want to commute more on freeway.

Back