• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chinese Motorcycle Waterproof GPS

Downs

Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Quick unboxing video of a 100 dollar Chinese Waterproof (IPX7) moto GPS unit.

Update. It is running on Windows CE not Android. NEver used it before or familiar with it so dunno how much I'm going to like it. May wind up spending the extra 30 dollars for the 5 inch model with Droid.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6NiSLG8lg4[/ame]

This is the 5" Chinese Motorcycle GPS that I've been using for a few years. I'ts Windows CE based and I run iGo Primo on it. Works very well.

I'm still learning it. PaulCB might know more on that since he's been using one for a while. That's actually the first thing I've been trying to do since I powered it up a little while ago for that video. Still messing with it been loading KML and GPX files but can't get the PRIMO IGO software to let the "load" button pop up on the routing.

This one is running on Windows CE as well I thought it was android at first (there are Android based units on EBAY) and as far as I kcan tell that's not even a supported version of Windows anymore. It functions more like a tablet than a windows os.

On ST-Owners, there are two threads that discuss the setup and use of these Chinese GPS units...

4" Unit:
http://www.st-owners.com/forums/sho...ting-Up-A-Chinavasion-Rage-GPS&highlight=rage

5" Unit
http://www.st-owners.com/forums/sho...-a-Chinavasion-5-quot-Gen2-GPS&highlight=rage

The 5" is much better than the 4"... bigger screen, more RAM and quicker satellite fix.

I create routes on my 5" and also on my computer using Motogoloco, exporting to KML and then loading onto the device.

I use NaviTotal to get updated maps for iGo Primo.

Feel free to ask specific questions and I'll do my best to answer. You can also join ST-Owners and post there, likely getting additional help other than just me... there are several experienced users over there.

Last edited:
I tried to download the PDF file on the st owners site but you have to be a member.
Can you send that to me? Also how are you uploading kml files to the unit. I've been trying to generate routes on Basecamp then exporting as a KML and uploading it to the route folder in the unit and it's not showing up.

967fcb6d8035daff78df7bf9109ba928.jpg

In the powered mount on the bike. It actually does have SD card slot on the left side under the headphone connection.

Watched a little section of District 9 on it. It's not HD but is serviceable if you want to watch a quick movie in the road and don't have cell signal or unlimited data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also I was able to swap out the stock mini ball mount for the ram ball plate. the bolt pattern was a perfect match.

Need to post that tent description to the Cheap camping thread.

Thanks for posting that, was interesting. Did your GPS come with nav software, i.e. iGo or something similar?

Came with iGo Primo installed on it.

The seller says he sends out a download link once a year for updated maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works fine as a basic GPS unit. Compared to the old ZUMO 550 the screen is larger by about an inch with much better resolution.

I don't know what maps IGO uses for their GPS programs, they might use GOOGLE Maps to update their maps? I dunno. The seller says they will send out links annually to update the program on the device which will also update the maps at the same time.

Searching is as easy as on the Zumo.

One thing I liked about the Zumo that this unit doesn't have as far as I know is the ability to set it to show "large" buttons instead of standard size buttons. But the screen works very well with gloves.

Direct sunlight on the screen does not white it out. It's not quite as good as the ZUMO in that regard IMO but it is still very good. Night time vis is good and the unit will auto switch to night mode colors at sunset time. You can go in and manually turn on night or day mode as you wish as well.

Turn/exit alerting works great visually. I haven't been running it though my SR10 for sound so don't know how it does on the audio side yet. But it gives you plenty of warning of the upcoming events and will even alert you to curves and what not as well(the yellow advisory signs on the road). When you are on the highway it shows you the exit signs on the screen and gives you lane alerts to let you know what lane you need to be in for the exit or merge.

Can you upload OSM maps into it? For example, I downloaded and then can upload a topo map of Texas on a GPS...

Can you upload OSM maps into it? For example, I downloaded and then can upload a topo map of Texas on a GPS...

I don't know what OSM is and I have no idea. :giveup: Sounds interesting though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGKcrYK1-50"]Chinese Waterproof GPS Update - YouTube[/ame]

Good topic. I've been looking for a low(er) cost, large screen, waterproof GPS solution, but didn't want to spend what Garmin is asking for their moto-specific units. Sure, they're nice, but there are several features I don't know that I'd ever use. Just want maps and routing and I don't need constant map updates.

Looking further into the 5" model.

Good topic. I've been looking for a low(er) cost, large screen, waterproof GPS solution, but didn't want to spend what Garmin is asking for their moto-specific units. Sure, they're nice, but there are several features I don't know that I'd ever use. Just want maps and routing and I don't need constant map updates.

Looking further into the 5" model.
I think the 5 inch model runs a droid OS SO might be more useful.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back