• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cycra handguards with triple clamp mounts

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Warren
anyone have these mounted up?

I've looked on Youtube, but no luck.

Last edited:
Thanks ...

I realized later that the Cycra triple clamp mounts wouldn't work in my case.
On an XR650, the triple clamp bolts are on the front, not the side.

So I went with a Cycra bar mount clamp, not to be confused with a "U" mount bar clamp.

cyc_16_han_cla_mou_blk_1_1_8_inc_bar-1677730002.jpg

Last edited:
Where were you when I needed you, sensei?

I told you they had them, Lucy. If'n you'd axed me, I woulda' hooked you up fella. I plant to DR-Z400E/S to the Mexia digs. You could hit it with the XRL and we could have us some fun. I also "de-baffled" the pipe, so she has presence.

I would send back what you ordered and get the Cycras. Also, before you buy some I have some longer bolts for the triples (25 or so) and would gladly swap with you, or give them to you for a short trailer with small wheels?

Take a breath, Yoda. Holster the light saber.

I DID order Cycra probends with side mounts.
Realized the XR has bolt heads facing forward ... called and cancelled the side mounts.
Asked for front mounts and they had none.

I wanted the triple mounts to keep from having cable issues.

I like the bar clamp mounts just as much and will serve the same purpose.

Yer moving to the 2nd floor
I'm moving to the NOSF

Last edited:
P.S. I was just being informative and thorough, didn't need to kick me in the googlies, sir. Hee Hee.

You guys could totally carry a show on Discovery or Velocity. I'm pitching it as "On Any Sunday" with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon.

Which sounds like it shouldn't work, but it's like chocolate and peanut butter.

Mitch is awesome, always helps me out, buys fun bikes to work on and we ride a bit. He knows I really don't hate him.......so much...honest.

He came by this morning riding one of his many DRZ hooligans sporting new swag and looking rather left coast-ish.
Mothers were taking children off the street ...

He fondled an XR650L and got "excited".

Last edited:
I did touch it, and Mitch and I "laid hands" on my DR-Z and it was good. Then we ate BBQ and I bought some motorcycle/SBS parts and made it home despite the heat.

Back